• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

yumi Vs composite Vs repeating Xbow ????

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im redoing my archer for the next publish with a new suit, skills and weapons , but after reading a lot of posts about archery weapons i have this doubt, i know each one has good and bad points so i ask here (specially to corwinXX hehe).
My archer will have :

LIFE : 115
STAM : 172
MANA : 80

archery 120
anatomy 120
tactics 120
heal 90
chival 90
bushido 80
sword/resist 115

HCI : 45
LMC : 52 (with inherit)
DI : 100 (from suit, none on weapon)
SSI : 20 (from suit, none from weapon)
luck : 804

So my doubt with weapons are :

composite : "standard" archer weapon, good damage , AI BUT slow, need a lot of SSi and STAM
yumi : good damage/ speed, need 20 SSI on weapon, Armor piece and double shot BUT some times can use necro with the char (so i cant double shot) and havent used this weapon before.
repeating Xbow : fast weapon (like leafblade), dont need SSI on weapon so can max HML with reforging BUT only have 1 special move useful (double strike) for pvm and have the shortest range.

So my doubt is which weapon make, before using runics for overcapped HML.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
composite is good for AI:
reforge HML, imbue SSI, enhance SSI - and get 48 HML, 40 SSI composite bow
60 SSI = 1.5 sec with 150 stam = good
other mods are 50 HSL and any you get on reforging

with Yumi you need 35 SSI total - 15 on the weapon - it may be 10 enhanced and 5 SSI trade city bonus...
well... you may imbue 15 SSI and enhance luck :)
if you reforge HML, you get 48 HML, 15 SSI yumi
you also may get ~40 HML, 35 SSI yumi - and have 1.25s with 120 stamina

I don't like repeating xbow - low range, low damage, must to have both bolts and arrows... but you can use DS when you are on foot and it's costs 5 mana less
I use it for wraith only
13 dmg vs 15 dmg = 15% less damage
120 anatomy vs 0 anatomy = 15% less damage

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm after thinking a lot, it seems that yumi is the best option, but how well are those special against AI ? More or less the same damage? better, worse?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
you hit twice... so against 50 (lowest) resist it does about the same damage
you need both to be able to choose depending on monster you are fighting

if you want each slayer type I suggest composite for human/reptile/demon and yumi for elem/arachnid/undead

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Oops! Arachnid is also a Composite Bow (Memphis has high resists).
bows that my archer is using now

Well you can have both for some slayers (for better results). My character also uses melee weapon (Double Axe against most of Spiders/Scorpions, Bladed Staff against UEV, etc.)