• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yucca Bug

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never posted about a bug before/issue, so ...

The Yucca trees (I think you get them from turn in points though I'm not sure) keep completely crashing me if I touch one, go to move one, click on one etc. I had one in a bookcase, went to move it and everything froze...the little hourglass icon popped up and UO shut down.

I did page a GM (this was a few weeks ago) but got tired of waiting, so I kept crash/restarting until I figured out how to get rid of the tree. It involved locking the bookcase down, hitting retrieve and crashing (rinse, repeat) before I was able to finally toss it into a trash barrel (yes crashed then too). I was lucky to have it hit the trashcan before anything shut down on me.

Last night I was foiled again by yet another Yucca hiding under some hedges I was moving around in a box. That's why I decided to post.

I've also noticed that if someone else has a Yucca (how many time can I say this in this post? ;) ) locked down on a porch or outside their house and I'm unfortunate enough to walk by...it will bleed a band of rainbow pixels right across the screen and make everything look like a Seurat painting up close. (The guy who liked to paint with colored dots). I then have to run away as far as I can to get away from the wretched thing (bleeding a Skittle rainbow behind me) and then log out and back in to make it go away.

Anyone else having this issue, noticed it or have I somehow infuriated the Yucca gods? Thanks!