• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Tuesday reading: the Miri collection.

• Thread starter imported_Hecubus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hecubus

Background: These short stories were written about a year ago, in an effort to encapsulate the histories of important DoD figures that our writing team could refer to when incorporating them into plotlines. And while many of the older characters had very well developed histories- we felt it important to give our readers and members a unique glimpse of these characters.

Miri gave me her blessing to write her pre-history. It is one of the few works I have written that never took place in game, and what's weird is the fact that I recieved very little guidance from Miri- yet her perceived history was nearly identical to what I had in mind!

The stories are meant to feel like memories, or flashbacks. They are written a little out of sequence, because at the time of their release it was like a little game to my readers, to try and figure out who the story was about. It was actually Ascension who PM'ed me the right answer when the very first story was released- he's paying attention!

So without further ado- I present the Miri collection, on behalf of one of my best friends, and without question one of Sonoma's finest.

Thanks so much Miri. I don't know where I'd be without you.

The Nightmare

The Silver Cord

A visit with the Dryad

The Bloodstained Road

I am Jack's Tuesday reading.

- Hec

F

Falthren

*claps*

Fantastic writing about a fantastic person.
Thanks for enriching an otherwise dull Tuesday afternoon!

S

Sagan_1

Hecubis, would you mind if I added these to my public library?

S

SpyderOfSonoma

Incredible reads, Hecubus. It's your fault that I only got 3 hours sleep before work this morning! *laugh*

Keep them coming.. I can sleep when I'm dead!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

imported_Hecubus

Thanks for the compliments all. Truthfully, it's characters like Miri that inspire me to be able to write her with that kind of depth.

Sagan, feel free to use this in the library. I also have a ton of in-game works penned by the characters themselves if you are interested in those too.

I write all day long. I think it's a neurosis.

I am Jack's neurotic writings.

- Hec

S

Sagan_1

YES YES YES! anything that is player written I want for the Library, where and when can we meet in game for me to get copies of what you have?

I

imported_Hecubus

We can meet tonight. Are you sure you want all these books? I have TONS.

My favorites in my collection are:

1) A Seer quest book from '99 about a man named Captain Neb and the Eye of Envy.

2) An entire history of the Avatar written by Lord Halcyon Stormes.

Then I have a whole bunch of Lothar propoganda stuff. One time all my friends thought I was quitting UO because of a piece of Lothar propoganda...hehe..

I am Jack's propoganda about not quitting or almost quitting or just wanting to meet Ascension in WoW once in a while.

- Hec

S

Sagan_1

well i have to be at work at 8 cst so maybe friday would be better. I don't work fridays cuz i don't want to. :) I love making my own schedule. but yeah, anything you got, i would love to have for the library.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Truly, a wonderful collection of good reading.

Thank you for pointing us to it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

And I wanna read about Captain Neb and the Eye of Envy, too!

G

I wish there were more posts about the positive contributions people make to the shard, and these forums.

Miri is a trooper and deserves a little recognition for her works. She is a moving force behind many great events, public and private. She is a steadfast worker who tirelessly, and with nary a complaint, carries out the gruelling tasks that planners and pundits assign, in order to make them all look good.

She is one of the greatest icons of virtue this tired thief has ever known in his travels across Sonoma. She has proven Compassionate, Just, Honest, Valorous, Honor bound, Sacrificing, Spiritual, and most of all, inspite of her worth and accomplishment, Humble.

Miri is one of the greatest heros I have ever known.

I slapped this together as a meager tribute to her a while ago... and then put it away after showing only a few people. This seems like the place to put it though.
<center>

</center>

Anyhow, I have waxed about her long enough fer everybody to lose interest, but fer the peeps who know her as I do. And to them... they know I haven't scratched the surface.

M

Miri

I'm just a big ole lurker on this forum and content to remain so. But I just have to say Thanks guys *smiles*.