• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

your thoughts on template change?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So while suffering the post Turkey lethargy, I have gotten a crazy bug to change my template.I have a dungeon chest mage / imbuer with roughly:

Detect hid 50
Rem trap 35
Mage 100
Eval 100
Imbue 30
Picks 80
Hide 100
Stealth 80
Med 40s?

Which I built bc it was relatively cheap to start (using mining and tinkering). But now that I'm making money, it is a bit....boring.

I play a tamer on atl. I am thinking about changing to a tamer here. BUT my stomach turns when I think about raising taming from 0 to 105 natural skill. Someone talk me out of this!!!!!!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On a related note, do the legacy tokens work on Siege? Could I use one for a soul stone to hold things like detect hidden on instead of just losing it?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your template sucks! no clue what you plan on doing with that

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was the best fit for me to get started on Siege. I play with several modifications because of a health issue, so pvp or sampire are no good for me. That template allowed me to get started here and, even though several folks sped it along, I was able to make gold with minimal danger. Now that I have equipment, gold, and a place to store stuff, I'm ready to change it up.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what you lookin to do? and like you said it would be best to get soulstones

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately you must max 100-120 most skills in the game now otherwise they're useless.

Long gone are the days where a player could have a successful build with 50 swordsanship.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you want a low maintenance, self-sufficient template to make some gold and imbue for shard interaction.

I made a char on Mugen (same ruleset as Siege) a while back. With no passive detect on Siege or Mugen, you stealth into any dungeon area, cast an RC, invis or hide, let the RC do the work, then loot, then unravel - - the template should work within your health condition play style if you are already doing chests. You can do any of the mini-spawns in the Abyss solo. Higher the Myst, the less failures on casting RCs.

I made gold selling ingredients to vendors in new mag, then bought cheap PS scrolls (110-115). Skills (real) are locked at the level shown below. If you get a higher PS, you imbue the skill on the jewelry (second skills picture) . If you get some soulstones, even better.

MugenSkills.jpg

MugenSkillsMod.jpg

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the ROT a tamer is easy to train up compared to prodo, I believe I spent at most 2 weeks to go from 70-120 taming and was not very dedicated with the timer. My main template is 120 necro 120 SS 120 mage 120 tame 120 lore and 120 vet with the rest in focus. Sucks as a pvp template but is very effective for what I do in game most of the time. I sometimes drop necro and SS for Cart and lock picking. I only run 10 dex and 125 str and 125 Int. assuming you have ate the 25 stat and +5 scroll to max stats Jewels can bump you to max str and I believe I am at 197 mana. As far as chest trap damage at max hp you survive opening it and just heal up. I would take taming and lore to 120 so your GD obeys everytime and frees up the jewels 120 vet for the extra stable slots or 90 vet to be able to reliably heal the pet and put the extra 30 points in focus. Again this is not a great PVP toon as it lacks eval, hiding and stealth but is a very effective PVM template for certain critters and for T hunting. It works for me anyway ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah could replace Necro SS with Imbue/Mystic but that does not work for what I do.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rue, that was kinda the direction I had been going. In my case, stealth into destard, pick chests, then unravel items to raise imbue. I've pretty much streamlined this but now I find it a bit dull. This is why I had thought about taming, bc acquiring top level pets adds a new dimension to the game and would allow me to wander more freely and be protected by rune beetles/nightmares/greater drags. Mysticism would be way easier to train though, so that is worth a look. Thanks for the input!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't have much trouble finding taming scrolls but that has been quite some time ago. So I can't really say what the scroll market is like these days. For taming gains I just tamed a gaman or two every 15 minutes right outside homare gate.