• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Sampire Intel and Mana

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Would you please post the amount of Intel and Mana that you have on your Sampire and if you feel that it is adequate? Also, please post how much LMC you have.

Thanks, Katrena

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well, what I am running is not enough, that's for sure. At 43/63 right now, looking at taking that up to 80ish or so for me to spam AI. Keep having to wait at the 63.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
atm running 30. Just assuming when I finish my suit that other 10 will not make that much of a difference. Considering scrapping leather and going with that 40 from non med armor.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my main sampire, I run 24 intel, 60 mana with 40 LMC.
On my 2nd sampire, I run 19 intel with 68 mana and 44 LMC

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my main sampire, I run 24 intel, 60 mana with 40 LMC.
On my 2nd sampire, I run 19 intel with 68 mana and 44 LMC
This brings up a question I have about Mana. If you imbue 40 LMC onto plate, you actually have 45 LMC total with the inherit 1 LMC per piece. Since you have 44 LMC on your suit, is there an advantage to go over 40 LMC? Also, would you please list where the 68 mana comes from.

Thanks, Katrena

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Would you please post the amount of Intel and Mana that you have on your Sampire and if you feel that it is adequate? Also, please post how much LMC you have.

Thanks, Katrena

Just number Crunch and you can figure out what's "Enough"....

I'll be at 55 LMC, 57 Mana when I'm all said and done...... This Amounts to 9 Mana AI's or 18 Mana when spammed. If you look at the HML and dmg I do I leech 20+ Mana on AVERAGE when I AI my target. This means that since I have a mana pool sufficient for 3 AI's at 18 mana / AI. The Random # generator would have to roll exceedingly poorly multiple times in a row for me to run out of mana.

1st hit .. Say my Weapon is 100 HML.. and I hit for 190 Dmg with an AI.. that means that MAX mana leech is 40% of that 190 Dmg... = 76 Mana and Then the random roll is 0 to 100% of that 76 Max mana on average leeching 50% of that for 38 Mana. Anyway in practice I'd add enough for 4 consecutive AI's to my mana pool just because I do OTHER casting which uses it besides AI heh.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just number Crunch and you can figure out what's "Enough"....

I'll be at 55 LMC, 57 Mana when I'm all said and done...... This Amounts to 9 Mana AI's or 18 Mana when spammed. If you look at the HML and dmg I do I leech 20+ Mana on AVERAGE when I AI my target. This means that since I have a mana pool sufficient for 3 AI's at 18 mana / AI. The Random # generator would have to roll exceedingly poorly multiple times in a row for me to run out of mana.

1st hit .. Say my Weapon is 100 HML.. and I hit for 190 Dmg with an AI.. that means that MAX mana leech is 40% of that 190 Dmg... = 76 Mana and Then the random roll is 0 to 100% of that 76 Max mana on average leeching 50% of that for 38 Mana. Anyway in practice I'd add enough for 4 consecutive AI's to my mana pool just because I do OTHER casting which uses it besides AI heh.
Like my question to Nusair, would you please list where you get your 55 LMC and 57 mana from. I don't understand how the LMC over 40 works.

Thanks, Katrena

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This brings up a question I have about Mana. If you imbue 40 LMC onto plate, you actually have 45 LMC total with the inherit 1 LMC per piece. Since you have 44 LMC on your suit, is there an advantage to go over 40 LMC? Also, would you please list where the 68 mana comes from.

Thanks, Katrena

My LMC is listed as 44 because that character is running a Gladiator's Collar that haven't removed the mage armor trait from.

An advantage? Yeah, things cost less mana to use. :) Even a couple of points here or there adds up.

Break down:
20 elf
15 intel
4 boots
6 boots
6 chest
8 arms
8 gloves
1 sash
-------------------

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like my question to Nusair, would you please list where you get your 55 LMC and 57 mana from. I don't understand how the LMC over 40 works.

Thanks, Katrena

If you are using non-med armor (that is, anything other than leather or with the mage armor property or woodland armor) then the armor has an inherent bonus to LMC that allows you to exceed the 40 cap. It's a 1% bonus for plate and 3% for the leather off shoots (studded, bone).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Katrena... I just ran across this:

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost

Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
  • 1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  • 2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

I had always thought there was no reason to go above 40 lmc due to the cap, but any lmc that is added by this bonus goes on top of that 40 cap. :D

Correct me if I am wrong here (just getting back into the dexxer end of the sandbox) but studded etc would be the best way to go on this seeing as how the penalty to stamina is lesser than plate etc but adds more of a lmc effect as well. Am I taking that the correct way?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For 55 LMC, run with 5 pieces of studded armor (with no mage armor) and then have 40 LMC somewhere on your total suit.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 55 LMC, run with 5 pieces of studded armor (with no mage armor) and then have 40 LMC somewhere on your total suit.

I'm making a new suit now and one part is woodland (for extra DI) so 4 studded leather parts. Will I still get 12% LMC bonus from these or do all the parts have to be made from the same material?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From what I have been reading you will. "The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority." is what I have been seeing.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere if you had over 300 total skill points in certain skills (anat, wep, tactics, bush etc) that you also got some kind of bonus for that as well. Thinking that was a lmc bonus but can't find it and forgot where I read it hmmmmmm

*edit*

or maybe that was a reduction in what the special moves cost and not a true lmc bonus

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm making a new suit now and one part is woodland (for extra DI) so 4 studded leather parts. Will I still get 12% LMC bonus from these or do all the parts have to be made from the same material?
It is per piece, up to 5 pieces, providing the pieces do not have the mage property.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can get to 52 LMC with 40 on your suit and 12 bonus from the four studded pieces.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have been reading you will. "The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority." is what I have been seeing.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere if you had over 300 total skill points in certain skills (anat, wep, tactics, bush etc) that you also got some kind of bonus for that as well. Thinking that was a lmc bonus but can't find it and forgot where I read it hmmmmmm

*edit*

or maybe that was a reduction in what the special moves cost and not a true lmc bonus

It is a cost reduction in special moves.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It is a cost reduction in special moves.
Thanks for clearing that up. Keep running out of mana even tho my leafblade has 50ml *shrugs*. Looking for every way I can to squeeze the temp.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*edit*

It is a full 10 mana reduction for 300 combined points from Weapon skill, Parrying, and Bushido and applies to special moves.

Last edited: