• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your opinion please. Help with me template!

• Thread starter Iwilleatyoursoul
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Iwilleatyoursoul

Ok right now I'm shooting for the following template

120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Peacemaking
120 Magery
120 Evaluate/Meditation

My question is would it be wise to choose eval over meditation or should I keep meditation and just let my ev's do the work? I was told by a friend that you don't need med if you have a lot of mana regen on your suit. He told me this before the recent pvp publish so was just curious..

I

imported_Farsight

I just tried both options with my bard. From that, IMO, go with meditation.

It's nice to always have that pool of mana, and I rarely (if ever) use offensive spells anymore. That's more because casting flame strike will get the creature to retarget me (I hunt minotaurs a lot these days) while EV's or earth elementals just get the creature to target them.

And you can provoke things on your energy vortexes.

I also have a suit with 12 MR, and it's still better to have the med.

S

sevan

I rp a bardic mage template also, however, how do you make up for not having resisting spells on your template? Is it not as effective as it used to be? Any bard mages out there who can let me on the secret (of not dieing so much!)

G

My bard mage has never had resist.

The secret of "not dieing so much" is "effective" use of the peace skill -

works terribly on PvP mages though -

my solution for PvP red mages?

Dieing alot, calling my red friends and hoping they can avenge me.

M

Mulan's

If you have to choose one or the other then go for med. Eval won't do you much good without any mana.
I've got enough jewelry to have 120s in all bard skills, 110 mage , 105 eval and 70 med. with 7 or 8 mana regen on my suit it's still not enough to keep me casting offensive spells for very long.

I mostly rely on provokes, peace and disco. Throw in an EV here and there, and usually finish the last critter off with a disco and a couple explo/ebolts.

If you feel you must have Eval, try for as much mana regen as you can get and max out LMC. You might do ok.

And as for surviving without magic resist skill, I've never had resist on a bard. Was rough surviving until I got my hands on a decent resists suit. If you have to, use the spells reactive armor and reflect magic to offset what ever resists are needed for the critters your fighting.
Really a decent bard doesn't need many mods on his/her suit. But with decent resists you can jump into the frey and start provoking/peacing without getting the snot beat out of you.

G

If you are going to use offensive spells without eval, I would suggest "mindblast" - it doesn't use eval int as a damage mod.

I

Iwilleatyoursoul

Thanks for the suggestions and input!

As for the people mentioning the magic resist. I don't figure I would need it as much and I also carry around a low level tinkered trap box around so if I am para'd I just hit that box and run while curing with potions. You can also use a lesser poison potion to do a tick of damage so you can run and heal. I don't think a lot of people use potions for pvm, I just like being in the habit of carrying/using them because I find a lot of scenarios where I'm chugging and running when a red comes and ruins the fun!

I did go with the meditation and its working out great so far, I'm very tempted to do the Disco Archers that I'm hearing so much about on another character as well....once I'm done with this guy hehe.

dialtone

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you (or someone) can provide details on where to obtain the 120 Power Scrolls to make that. Are you spending RL cash? UO Gold? Or are you going to Champ Spawns.

I'm not so rich as to afford that many 120's. and my playing skills/time limits prohibit me from thinking of Champ Spawns.

From what I read about them, only a few guilds go and kill any loners there or they get ambushed when trying to leave. Is this true or what?

5% Luck

This template is not so simple youll want to drop the peace get a crystalin ring and set up as follows

120 provo
120 dicord
120 music
100 magery
100 eval
100 med
100 resist

what ever you cant make up it skill bonus items you need to take out of resists and while protected(-34 resist spells) youll have just over 60 resist (my scrappers has +11 resistspells 10/10 music provo braclet 20/10 magery/focus ring) other option was the trav mask but the HoM give out the much needed mana regn but its a posible 20 mors resists spells

the resist isnt for para but it hleps with that too its the damm poisin just befor the invisi (invisi being in place of the peacemaking skill) and who forgot to metion the mana drain spell thats a killer inmany bardind situations