• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your funniest memory as a newbie!

G

Posting about the orb to get from Silvermoon to Undercity gave me a thought that I thought I would share with everyone, because it really was funny, although I didn't really think so at the time.

My very first character, a human pally named Velissa. I really didn't know WoW very well, and had never been most places. I think I must have been about level 25 or so, I had heard about Kalimdor, and always willing to die trying new experiences, I braved the wetlands and congratulated myself on getting to Menithil and onto the proper boat to take me to Kalimdor.

Now something you have to know about my first character is that she often wandered so far into areas that were WAY over her level, I'm surprised she didn't die way more often than she did. Anyhow, I found myself eventually in Ashenvale which was fun for me. A new area to explore! I was in heaven.

So, I followed the road north out of Ashenvale and discovered a new road going East. Never having been there before, I, of course followed it, and suddenly my map changed and I was told I was now in Felwood. Remember I was about level 25.

The leve 50 wolfs had a field day with the poor level 25 pally that was stupid enough to wander into a place where she really shouldn't have been, and after about 20 deaths (and I'm really not kidding), I was SO turned around, I really couldn't possibly have told you which way I had gone, and how to get back to Ashenvale. About the only thing left to do was to hearth back to Ironforge.

By my 20th death, that stupid wolf was camping my corpse, I swear! Just waiting for me to come back so he could kill me again.

You would think I learned my lesson after that? Nope. I did the same thing in Burning Steppes.

Why do they put these very high level places right next to low level places???

Ok, so what's your funniest rememberance from your newbie days?

R

RayneStorm

I actually have a newbie issue...that just crept up on me in the last couple days.

I started a new Hunter, and when I got to level 10 and trained my pet, I made a macro to cast Hunter's Mark and send my pet in to attack. So I hit the number 1 button, and all that was happening was the Hunter's Mark. After two days of messing around with it and even posting in the main Warcraft Forums about it, the real problem reared its ugly head...

I didn't actually assign the macro to the number 1 button. I was just spamming Hunter's Mark. D'oh.

G

Glad you figured that out huh? You would've missed out on a lot had you quit!

G

No doubt.

I've come a looooong way since those first few hours.

Wyglif