• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your Favorite|Least Favorite Cities

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Heartwood count as a city?
I despise, loathe, detest and hate passionately Heartwood.
Kill it with fire, please. Along with the NPCs.
Oh man I actually forgot about Heartwood since I avoid it like the plague. The city setup makes no sense, in addition to being hideous.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also dislike Heartwood.

I feel that the Devs could've done so much with the concept of an elven city, and instead the entire place came out looking thrown-together at the last minute.

Even looking at something like the Blighted Grove, if you were to make that layout not swampy with wood and stone floors and a little brighter and bigger, that would've been much better for Heartwood. The area where Sal is could've been where you took the Spellweaving Quest from the Lorekeepers, while they guarded their ancient text.

B

Beleg Megil

I also dislike Heartwood.

I feel that the Devs could've done so much with the concept of an elven city, and instead the entire place came out looking thrown-together at the last minute.

Even looking at something like the Blighted Grove, if you were to make that layout not swampy with wood and stone floors and a little brighter and bigger, that would've been much better for Heartwood. The area where Sal is could've been where you took the Spellweaving Quest from the Lorekeepers, while they guarded their ancient text.
Exactly, especially with all the build up ML got. A giant tree? Really? I'm surprised they didn't make the elf avatars half the height with a strange fascination for baking cookies in their giant tree. Aprons and feathered hats for everyone! I guess the Devs just couldn't be expected to pull off a decent Elven city. Afterall, they are only Human. And there aren't many references in fantasy fiction about Elven cities except for Tolkien....Forgotten Realms novels....D&D source books... R.A.Salvatore... Norse legends...a couple racks of shelves in any Barnes and Noble...*end rant*

But alot of us who RP Elves, especially in Silverwood, we tend to view "Heartwood" as sort of Sosaria's Epcot Centre. Its just there to give the tourists a tiny taste of Elven wonder. The NPCs are hired to be silly so that the rest of the world will underestimate and overlook us. The NPC Elves foster the image that even though the managed to grow a GIANT FRAKKIN TREE! and make a "city" out of it, such things as wooden clocks and stools and crossbows and fancy shirts are out of their skill level to make.

So the rest of the world gets to see the Epcot version of Heartwood. But a few of us Elves get to see the REAL Heartwood, a place that is beautiful, well laid out and makes sense. Sadly the rest of the world, especially the Humans, don't get to see it. Sure its a bit of a stretch, but it keeps us Elf role players from putting our fist through the screen everytime we have to go there.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, especially with all the build up ML got. A giant tree? Really? I'm surprised they didn't make the elf avatars half the height with a strange fascination for baking cookies in their giant tree. Aprons and feathered hats for everyone! I guess the Devs just couldn't be expected to pull off a decent Elven city. Afterall, they are only Human. And there aren't many references in fantasy fiction about Elven cities except for Tolkien....Forgotten Realms novels....D&D source books... R.A.Salvatore... Norse legends...a couple racks of shelves in any Barnes and Noble...*end rant*
So beleg I ordered cookies about an hour ago are they done yet. haha

In all seriousness heartwood is awful what makes even less sense is the sanctuary, anyone who can summon imps should understand why. Three sets of screens filled to the brim with monsters mostly repond but also some changlings which in themselves are annoying only to get to a tiny place only a screen big maybe 3 (depending on whats size screen you use) with elves who ask you to do ridiculous tasks like build them stools.

Unless you're one badass carpenter they have no chance of getting those stools and they should just hang themselves. The real question is how the hell did they get down there.

M

Moonwynd

Favorite: Skara Brae - Hands down! Its the place to go! Its well designed, not to big, can run from one end to the other in seconds, all the vendor shops are there, moongate, I like that you can get to it by boat, can't think of anything at all that's bad about it. Its all good!

Least Favorite: Gotta be Nujelm! Who goes there, unless they're gating a noble to gain Compassion. Other than that its worthless. It should be turned into a Haven for Pirates and Gypsies. Make the city itself smaller: a Tavern, a Bank and an Inn. In the area surrounding the city allow a few tents and campfires for overnight bashes. Let Now that would give it a purpose! :D

This is what needs to happen to Luna Central :flame:

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm with Beleg on Heartwood. I hate how the NPCs all yell at you like hicks or something, and the design of the city itself makes... no sense. In order for it to look like it does, the city would have to be built in a "GIANT FRAKKIN TREE" that's been bisected vertically, and it appears to be fallen over and lying on its side. It looks like you're walking on a cut portion of the tree. Teeeeerrrrrrible.

Can we blow it up?

C

Corvak

Luna. Formerly a holy paladin city, now it swarms with heretics, selling the relics of the land to the highest bidder. Burn it! (Va'lis, I've a demolition job in mind, if you've got enough blackrock...)

My favorite is Brit. More for nostalgia of when I first started playing than anything else. I liked old haven before it blew up too.

L

Llwyd

Moonglow, Britain, and Trinsic are my favorite cities (in that order). If I had to make the decision to demolish one or two places, Luna and Umbra would be the top choices.

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to say Trinsic is my favorite city because I started there in 1997but Skara is a close second.

I don't like Nu'Jelm because I always feel like I am lost there and can't find what I need. I am also not happy with New Haven because I loved Ocllo the way it was.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Favorite City-A toss up between Yew and Minoc. I have spent a great deal of time in each.

Least Favorite-I have to agree with Piper I hate all things Malas. Why was Luna even needed? We already had the paladin city of Trinsic. I also think that Tokuno Islands should be sunk into the ocean.

As far as Heartwood is concerned, I do not look on that mess so much as a city as a dream one has after an over dose of cookies.