• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You know what is funny?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they really start disbanding faction alliances one of two things are going to happen on Atlantic.

1) Our guild (second largest) decides to drop out and activity bottoms out because the other major faction guild (the largest) I never see around.
2) Our guild decides to go all factions, we boost our numbers by 2/3 and just completely outnumber everyone else. The top 5 other faction guilds won't even match our numbers.

So this change is going to mess things up either way.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does your comment have to do with Factions? I didn't know there was a new stronghold at the bottom of Despise dungeon.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What does your comment have to do with Factions? I didn't know there was a new stronghold at the bottom of Despise dungeon.
Don't play dumb JC no one's falling for it.
It's a faction fight because your faction is raiding/being raided by another faction regardless of location.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand why people are having a hard time separating Factions and other fights. Just because a fight goes on involving Faction players does not classify it as a Faction battle. When Order & Chaos players fought at Champion Spawns, was that an Order & Chaos battle? No, it was a fight over a Champion Spawn.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're all really sorry that you can't abuse a flaw that was not intended as stated by the devs. If you want to use this as an excuse to get out of factions so you can't avoid stat loss and stand a chance at fights, do so. People will be in factions if your guild is or not.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's going to be real funny is when they determine the solution to the problem is to break all alliances instead of just the faction to non-faction.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup I agree with Kellgory

all the complaining I have heard on this is with actual ALLIANCE probs, not really a faction /non faction

cuz faction battles as its called at a spawn is over a spawn, not a base, which only faction ppl can get into.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelline when factions didn't have anything changed and sigils were corrupted. There was no point raiding another base for 3 days until it becomes purified. So you're claiming that in these 3 days fighting in other places besides bases ceases to be a faction fight?

I'm sure you're in one of these guilds abusing a flaw. It's changing and your tears will not turn back to hands of time. You have my sympathy : (

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
JC you telling me you don't earn points and put opposing faction members in stat unless you're fighting at a base over sigils? Is that the only time it's a "faction fight"?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JC you telling me you don't earn points and put opposing faction members in stat unless you're fighting at a base over sigils? Is that the only time it's a "faction fight"?
If they want to change it so you can only go into stat and lose points at faction bases, go for it.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why I really dont like ATL's zerg happy style of gameplay.

Everytime I hear ATL pvper telling stories on how hardcore PvP is on ATL that gave me some hope in a shard still living on pure pvp with skilled players yet
I ran thru dsp/yew/fire many many times on ATL, its all about zerglings zerging *much smaller* groups.

Zerg is zero skill zero fun, which reminds me of the biggest zerg guild/alliance on my shard (ironically, they also heavily exploit the faction + nonfaction alliance exploit).

Since last week, the biggest zerg guild(their alliance+nonalliance guild) on my shard has surpassed the biggest trammie guild on my shard which has been the biggest guild for many many years.

The zergs are very bad at PvP, and often times they have triple to 4x more people than me have. We can still take them on, and stat many of them before they know it, but then you will see them calling in swarms of blubies/reds dismounters blue tamers blue super dragons and charge us, and if its in a faction base, their nonfaction will be waiting outside with hundreds of fields ready with super dragons all guard me on the tamers (who also cast the fields) Red, blue, OJ stealthers all 20 of them against 5 to 7 of us pure faction group.

Again saying faction fight = stronghold fights only is so stupid, and ignorant. And should probably quit faction PvP rightnow because obviously pure faction PvP is too harsh for you.

Keep on protesting the exploits, it's still getting fixed.

S

Sasori

If they want to change it so you can only go into stat and lose points at faction bases, go for it.
I Guess YALL will never be at Minax base then and if they get caught at the base heres a lil example of what happens to THEM (First it starts off with Minax :eyes: then here comes :fight: then :twak: then :sword::flame::gun: oh yea lets not forget about there faction horses we then proceed to do this :bdh: which proceeds to make Minax start to do this :sad3::sad2: ty for watching the reinactment :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why I really dont like ATL's zerg happy style of gameplay.
Atlantic used to have much stronger guilds in the past. Unfortunately conditions today have led to a drop in that. HOT still plays at a very high level and does well in small groups. COW does just as well as HOT when they have high numbers.

The problem is LNR. Their guild leader is not very into UO and when he loses interest the whole guild goes inactive. Which is pretty insane for the second largest guild on the shard, but that is how it works. There has yet to be a break from that, a split that would shake things up. Probably most people see 3 large guilds and just scratch off the idea completely of starting a brand new guild. But it would be possible to do and someone who started out well would probably attract a lot of solid players who would like to play with a new group.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CoW isn't even comparable in size to LNR or HOT. We're talking about a guild with more pvp chars per person than most on the shard. HOT and LNR, however have very large populations with fewer numbers per player of pvp chars.
HOT relies on its large numbers and mix of factioneers and non factioneers.
LNR relied on its VIP members and zergling mentality
COW relies on its almost exclusively veteran membership, comfortable with group play.
the growing moose guild will rely on similar methods to cow and plenty of the best gear available.

S

Scratch

the only reason anyone is currently in factions is because of the ridiculous armor you can get for next nothing, which is better than any of its original copies. they made the factioneer the most powerful player in the game, and the point system is already being abused, joining secondary accts in other factions and farming for points in towns. point system should be done away with, being in factions should be enuff to wear the gear. imho the additional mods on the armor are ******** and EA should have thought about it first, but what i see from it is the collapse of fel. since anyone who wants to compete on even ground pvp wise will have to go factions, they can delete fel altogether, allow reds in trammel again and only factions or warring guild will be able to fight. no longer will you be able to kill a truly innocent player. you wont be attacked by blues all day unless they are in a faction so you can play the same as now, cept on a broader scope of facets.

Id say the ideal is to start the move process of fellucians to trammel.

W

wee papa smurf

the only reason anyone is currently in factions is because of the ridiculous armor you can get for next nothing, which is better than any of its original copies. they made the factioneer the most powerful player in the game, and the point system is already being abused, joining secondary accts in other factions and farming for points in towns. point system should be done away with, being in factions should be enuff to wear the gear. imho the additional mods on the armor are ******** and EA should have thought about it first, but what i see from it is the collapse of fel. since anyone who wants to compete on even ground pvp wise will have to go factions, they can delete fel altogether, allow reds in trammel again and only factions or warring guild will be able to fight. no longer will you be able to kill a truly innocent player. you wont be attacked by blues all day unless they are in a faction so you can play the same as now, cept on a broader scope of facets.

Although i understand what you are saying, the whole time ive been in fell doing factions i still see a fairly large amount of people that arent factions still fighting those with all the new gear. I agree that the point system needs something but im pretty sure it will happen in due course simply for the reason that the uo score boards for factions is just ridiculous, and with people having chars that hold points its getting quite hard to keep up rank.

:danceb:

S

Scratch

Fine, then they better not allow push through.
no doubt, maybe once flagged in battle, like heat of battle crap dont pop up enuff, you get the push thru stam penalty. if you not flagged in battle you can walk thru. make it harder for a team to surround, unless they are will to flag or be flagged.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you don't like factions, don't join. It's risk vs reward. There IS a downside to dying even if they give everyone good gear.

A

Arch Magus

no doubt, maybe once flagged in battle, like heat of battle crap dont pop up enuff, you get the push thru stam penalty. if you not flagged in battle you can walk thru. make it harder for a team to surround, unless they are will to flag or be flagged.
nah, i wasn't serious actually. I never want to see the Fel facet go away.

Felucca for life!:thumbsup:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the only reason anyone is currently in factions is because of the ridiculous armor
Bite me. ;)

I'd say a good half of the factioners, including about 90+% of TB, on GL was in factions long before these lame arties came out.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bite me. ;)

I'd say a good half of the factioners, including about 90+% of TB, on GL was in factions long before these lame arties came out.
While factions were active before the gear came, the gear also helped me get some people to play the game again that had quit for a long time. They had wanted to come back before, but didn't have the gear needed to PvP. With the faction stuff I can give them a demon slayer and they can grind away until they have the silver they need to PvP.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only flaw with your argument is that you can play a non-faction character and still have very good gear and PK players, whereas if you use the gear in factions, you are taking the risk of being in stat loss for 20 minutes. If anyone has played factions, they would know that stat loss basically makes a player next to useless when it comes to fights.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Lynk. ;)

My point being that there's still plenty of factioners that were around well before the new items. Many of those would even see the items done away with.

I happily ran around with **** suits filled with ilsh marties and 7th anny items. ...lol, I still do.

The one decent thing these arties did was close the gap between casual gamers and the 'super nerds'. I'd have liked the arties to be identical to their original doom versions.