• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

you have to many pets guarding you

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Drakelord

QA Request of the Week

QA has been getting a fair number of bugs about players being unable to get their pets to guard them. One thing to consider is that you can only have 5 pets guarding you at once - and if you set a pet to guard and then stable it, it still counts toward the 5. If you're having this problem, go to the stable and pull out any stabled pets and tell them "stop," then re-stable them. If that doesn't solve the problem, please call a GM in-game so they can look at your individual character and see what's going on.
For weeks I have tried to get my pets on the t hunter to get out of green mode and go blue, every pet has been taken out of the stables, and every pet has been given the command to 'all stop' using the menu and also the command in game, all pets remain green.

Today I read the above at http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday123.html and go, ok maybe I can get this fixed, and I go log in on the t hunter, and I send in the message explaining my problem and I wait. I started at #12 and three hours later at #6 I get a 'CAN' reply.

I sat in game for 3 hours, and I am sure in hell not going to send in another message asking for ingame help if this is what I can expected. Why do I bother sending in the bugs reports all this time regarding this if a GM will not come in game and talk to me? I am sending in a Neg report regarding this request for help as well, maybe the Q&A folks will get it.

Attachments

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May or may not help:

Take each pet out of the stable. Tell it to follow you, tell it to stop, tell it to attack yourself (for a moment), tell it to stop and then follow again.

Wait two minutes at least, walk a few steps, it should go blue. Re-stable, repeat with the next pet.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May or may not help:

Take each pet out of the stable. Tell it to follow you, tell it to stop, tell it to attack yourself (for a moment), tell it to stop and then follow again.

Wait two minutes at least, walk a few steps, it should go blue. Re-stable, repeat with the next pet.
If that doesn't work, take them over a server line.

L

Lord Drakelord

Thanks for the suggestions above, I have been across server lines with them, pulling them from other stables in other cites to repeat the commands to them as well. During the 3 hours yesterday I had my greater with me the most, the only command it did not get was the kill command, all the others got the all stop, all stay, all follow, all kill, all stop. All remained in Green mode.

This is not the first time where I pull each and every pet out, run them thru all the commands and wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, till I either need to leave or want to do something else, or wish to pull another pet out and go thru all of above again.

Now all I want is to have them to quit guarding me so I can have the Greater guard me during T hunts. I am so tired of the 'you have to many pets guarding you' each time I command it to guard me during a t hunt. Its really weird in some ways as most of the pets have not left the stables in a very long time, the two dogs have never been used, the mare/white wrym tag team combo I quit using using when the greater bonded yet all of them are guarding me when I pull them from the stables. And none of them will go to blue when given the command to stop.