• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

you have been bad and are in need of a spanking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hello.

my name is Poo.
you may remember me from such movies as 'we come in peace to take over your shard' and 'come quietlly, else we will kill you and salt your land'

well, im here today to say hello and we of the YAD guild (U R DEAD) have tooken over your factions.

neener neener, we have tooken it and you cant get it back.
im rubber your glue whatever you say will bounce off of me and stick to you!

hehehehehhehe

the YAD guild is a very small guild of good friends who (most of us) originate from Sonoma. Over the last year and a half we have been moving from shard to shard and meeting the local people and taking over thier factions and having some good fun and some good fights along the way.

and now it is Lake Austins turn.

we have held ALL 8 TOWNS for the last 2 days and have seen very little OJ's.

we are so dissapointed (not really, but we like to rattle the cages and get people to come play with us) so very very dissapointed that we have decided to punish you all.

we have left up all the Reagent Venders in the towns, but we have cranked up the prices to 4 TIMES their regular prices.

so no more cheap regs for you guys until you come and play with us!!!!!

on a side note.... what is with all the really fat faction people on this shard???
i kill i person and bank over 500 kills???? i have killed like 7 guys on a couple of my toons and have almost 3000 kill points off of 7 guys !!!???!!!???

INSANE!!!!

so in closing, if you have ever wanted to come try factions, please do, come and have some fun with us, we wont be here long.

and we look forward to meeting and eating your young!

(one more quick poke)

F

Faustis

Now, I have been on a lot of shards fighting factions, and everyone has a different flavor, but Lake Austin takes the clown cake. So far nothin but high colesterol, bad breath, and fat fat fat. Fighting LA OJ's is like :bdh:
My suggestion is get on a diet stat before it's too late. General Faustis has just what the doctor ordered a nice azz :gee: woopin! Sewwweeee Sewweeee!:D:stretcher:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think that the only people in factions on LA are there for cool gear to wear in PvM, or at the champ spawns.

A lot of our hard-core gate types left for SP or other games. In fact, many of our current lot of PvPers came here much as you did, and stayed behind because they got tired of the rat race on other shards.

That said, There's a thread for PvP smack talk, and that's where future faction discussions belong...

Hopefully someone will actually rise to your challenge, and get some faction stuff going, as my PvM buddies have been missing town invasions, and the NPC prices for stuff reset to default after an invasion clears.

BTW, I don't PvP because I find it a personally offensive style of gameplay, having watched every established MUD I played in the 90s destroyed from within when they added PvP. And, I saw a paper & dice gaming club of 200 people destroyed because some people decided to attempt non-con PvP in D&D and other games in 1986-87 or so, and the club had a rule you couldn't ban someone from joining your game for actions in someone else's, or be banned yourself from being a game master. What the religious fundies around here couldn't do (some of my fellow players then were even Baptist ministers!), 6 punks going from game to game to deliberately grief did so in 2 weekends. (see my letter in Dragon Magazine #138)

But, since other people seem to enjoy it, you all have fun. PvP between willing participants is at least fun to watch, even if I never have the skill to participate. It's the whole idea of non-consentual that I really hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.