• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You cannot equip this bow until a bowyer modifies it?

U

unified

I have a Bow of Daemon Dismissal that I imbued to a -25 Mage Weapon, however none of my characters can equip it, not even my archer. I keep receiving the message:

"You cannot equip this bow until a bowyer modifies it"

What does this mean?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click the bow with someone with fletching skill and target some gears.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! :)

Why was this step necessary?
Its a bow from a juka lord, they come as standard and when you use gears on them it adds a slayer property to it [the new ones do, the old ones dont but still need it doing, and the very old ones that had a slayer property it would add a second slayer (where double slayer "black" bows are from)]

There really nifty as you can go get one off a juka lord, imbue what you want on it then use the geers and it will add a second slayer when you have used geers on it. I have a sick one for doom with:

HML
HSL
SSI
DI
Demon slayer
Elemental slayer

Plus enhanced with ash for 40% SSI

Plus lots with :
HML
HSL
HLA
SSI [40% from enhance aswell]
DI
Slayer [from the gears]

6 properties and its imbue weight is over 600 ;)

Thunderz

U

unified

OMG!! I didn't see the second slayer (Orc Slayer) after using the gears.

Thanks!

O

Old Man of UO

Also know that you need 80+ Dex and 80+ Str (both unmodified numbers) to equip any Juka bow. I don't remember what if any mess you get when you try to equip the bow without the needed stats.

K

kalzaketh

sounds like ajukalords' bow, they used to be the best until aos killed them

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Juka bows are still great. When you find a nice slayer. Use PoF on them and then imbue them with things you like. :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree that juka bows are great.
Once you have accumulated enough wealth, you can start to play lotto with them:
- take an unmodified juka bow
- pof
- imbue
- modify
- enhance
That way you can end up with really insane slayer/double slayer bows. (Only risks are to get a) a crappy slayer b) to break an already good bow on enhancing).