• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You can damage your own boat?

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after a couple weeks of foraging up materials to put some cannons on my boat, make some cannon balls and charges I was finally ready to try to take on one of the pirate boats and check out what all the excitement is about.
I brought a partner along with the intent of having them operate the cannons while I drove the boat, however I was unable to give them access to anything. Part one failed. Instead they kept fire ele's up as targets for the goblins while I rammed the boat and fired the cannons as fast as I could.
Using heavy cannon balls at point blank range I noticed a message saying something along the lines of taking 50000 damage. Followed by you've been skuttled. I kept firing and got the same message a couple times and it always went along with my cannons going off. As the pirate sailed off I got to wondering, did I scuttle myself?
Anyone else encounter this?

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had the same problem. The only time I've noticed it happening is when I'm in contact with the boat next to me. It's almost as if the cannon fodder bounces off the enemy ship and destroys your ship. Your best bet is to stay atleast 2 tiles away. I haven't had any problems with ricochet at that distance. Also, if you make "emergency repairs" on your boat, you can not fire any cannons. If you do, you will scuttle again.

The best way me and my group have found to kill pirates is to have 2 ships follow the same pirate, once you get it to stop for a second, place row boats from each ship to "blockade" the pirates escape routes. You can then back off a couple tiles and fire away.

Hope this helps.

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Humm....Just wondering if this method of blocking in the pirate ship would be considered the same as blocking the path of monsters with objects.
If so it could be an offence of game rules and get you banned.

I applaud your ingenuity though!

:party:

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would see this method more as blocking the escape of an enemy since it's multiple players (I'm assuming) on multiple boats. Kind of a flanking maneuver of sorts.
To my original question, I did try staying away from him and didnt receive any damage so touching the boat may have been the problem. Or may have just been a bug with that boat.

Thanks