• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Yew Wine Tasting and Boat Race

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I am so sorry to have missed this, I did want to attend but our flights were delayed and we ended up coming home on Monday in the wee hours of the morning. :( I will try to make the next one! I hope everyone had a great time.

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to reset the day Bianca. Had a family emergency. On the plus side with that behind me, and our move over I will have more time to get things set.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All fine now Pandy, just another of life's little bumps.

And Aneirin, we must drink and sail, otherwise what will the Pirates have to do?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks, this is the Saturday. Should prove interesting day for me as my kinship is also holding Weatherstock the same day in Lotro.

It is an all day event that goes through till midnight. I am working security, but can take the time off needed for the boat race.

Okay Prizes

The winner will receive 1 million gold pieces and something I found in the chest in my house.
Second place- 500,000 gold pieces and something else from that same chest.
3rd place-250.000 gold pieces and yeah, some chest junk.

Racers are encouraged to drink as much as they want before the race (drinking is mandatory)
Only old style UO boats allowed, (ie dragon ships)
other than that no rules apply. Win the race in any way you can.

Racers will pick up a case containing wine at the Abbey, they must then load it onto their boats and set sail for Skara, Once there they must deliver the wine to the Yew rep on the docks and pick up their signed ledger showing the wine was delivered, They then must sail back to Yew and be the first off their boats to win.

If this all goes well I plan to hold a no holds barred prates race in the near future. (Kill the other team and scuttle their ship to win)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is tonight folks, I will be at The Abbey. With this being the weekend of father's day I hope some can make it. If not, I will hope to catch up with you at a future event.
To all the daddy's out there I wish a Happy Father's Day.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all who showed up tonight, and a big congrats to our winners;
1st place Va'lis
2nd place Ludes

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww missed it, sorry Aedon my friend but my father in law was celebrated for Father's Day on Saturday so the whole family went out to spend the afternoon, then dinner, with him. He (and my brother in law --- who was spending today at a Tattoo shop) wasn't going to be around today.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was pretty fun.. my first boat race.

The monks had some very good wine to offer, they certainly haven't lost their touch ...

Then it was off to the race!
At first it seemed like I had lost from the very start, but near the Skara Brae docks I caught up with him and it was neck and neck the rest of the way back.
I think Va'lis used his gangplanks to get just a touch more wind because I was ahead of him at the halfway back mark.. however he managed to squeeze
by me at the end and take the first place prize.
Well sailed Va'lis!

Looking forward to the next one!