• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Yew T hunt

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tonight Goldie will be hosting a T hunt for the Town of Yew. This will take place at 10pm Central.

Please meet up at Empath Abby.

I hope everyone can make it out

Thanks

York
Governor of Yew

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like this idea, and the effort you're putting forth. That being said I believe that all citizens participating in a town sponsored event should have to display their Loyalty tags, to whichever city they are loyal to. imo :)

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Short Answer:
Central time right now is CDT = GMT -5.
Example: 10am (10:00) Central is 3pm (15:00) GMT ( 7pm (19:00) Moscow)

Long Answer:
Check this link for the list of time zones in North America:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/

During the summer, most places move their clock one hour, known as Daylight Saving Time.

So, for central time, you'll notice CDT and CST.
CDT is Central Daylight Time (used during the summer) GMT/UTC -5.
CST is Central Standard Time (used during the winter) GMT/UTC -6.

Personally, I just go on http://www.timeanddate.com/
and search for one of these cities as reference to know the time:

Pacific: Los Angeles, California http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/los-angeles
Mountain: Denver, Colorado http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/denver
Central: Houston, Texas http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/houston
Eastern, New York, New York http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/new-york

Never use Mountain Time as a reference, it's too confusing, because of Arizona(most of it) not having daylight saving time. Example: Phoenix Arizona is the same time as Los Angeles during the summer and the same time as Denver during the winter

Zalfein

Last edited:

Strawberry Pie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi, T hunt 10 pm Central, that's like 9 pm pacific
cause their now 1 hour different then central since its summer. in winter pacific is 2 hours different. that's usually how I got by it when it comes to central :)

As for the T hunt I have a Diabolic, level 7 map, for somewhere in the world, only I know where the spot is :p
So come prepared for a big spawn, and fun and..........................loots.

I had mentioned to York that the loot could go to the town treasury, so he can decide how it to be divided. All I ask is to be able to purchase the Taming alacrity(blue) if I spawns in the chest.

Thank you , have a nice day :)

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, T hunt 10 pm Central, that's like 9 pm pacific
cause their now 1 hour different then central since its summer. in winter pacific is 2 hours different. that's usually how I got by it when it comes to central :)
Hello,
right now, it's 9:15am Pacific, 10:15am Mountain, and 11:15am Central (for everyone in central except the province of Saskatchewan Canada that doesn't observe daylight saving time), so 2 hours between Pacific and Central.

Personally, I think there's less confusion when people use Eastern Time.

Zalfein

Strawberry Pie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
how about this, at this moment its 10:40 am that i am typing this post :)
so use that as a basis for the 10 pm tonight central.

its 1 hour difference right now between my place and pacific

Zalfein is Saskatchewan and Alberta running same times right now?
I don't know eastern, but I did look at your link and it shows EDT 12:40

Strawberry Pie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
11 hours from now

I don't know how to make a counter that works backwards for the count down on these forms

sorry :)

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zalfein, thank you! :)

So event would start: 10pm Central = 5pm GMT = 9 GMT Moscow.. In a 15 minutes hehe :)
You're not authorized to use super power and spin the earth the other way :)

8 pm (20:00) pacific = 9 pm (21:00) mountain = 10 pm (22:00) central = 11pm (23:00) eastern = 3 am (03:00) GMT = 7 am (07:00) Moscow

Zalfein

Last edited:

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ahahah ))) I always muss PM and AM :loser: In Russia we use 1-24 time. So how its 21:02 for example hehe

Thanks again :banana:

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zalfein is Saskatchewan and Alberta running same times right now?
For the summer, Regina, Saskatchewan is CST and Calgary, Alberta is MDT , they are both GMT minus 6. Same time.
In the winter, Saskatchewan is still going to be CST and Alberta is going to be MST, 1 hour difference.

The problem is, Saskatchewan is an exception. In the U.S., people will think you're talking about Central time with Daylight Saving Time, which is 1 hour with Alberta.

So, your event is:

9pm (21:00) PDT (example California), MST(example most of Arizona)
10pm(22:00) MDT(example New Mexico, Colorado, Alberta), CST(example Saskatchewan)
11pm(23:00) US Central time CDT (example Texas)
12am (00:00) Eastern (example New York, Montreal)
4am (04:00) GMT
8am (08:00) Moscow

Zalfein

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I suppose I should have made this in eastern (11 pm east), I normally set it to the time zone of the person running things. I know we have a few international players but i do tend to forget what time zones they are in. I will if request add in the time GMT, as i have found this to be best for international games.

As far as where the money goes I'm not real picky at this time, the Town stone has plenty of gold, So my vote is to split it up among everyone.
If anyone does get a Taming blue, i would like to see it go to Goldie for running the hunt. I will pay for it or kick in a fair amount.
I have more maps in storage and hope this becomes a more frequent outing

Last edited:

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The Hunt was Successful and i Thank everyone who attended. I think we had 5 time zones playing, that might be some kind of record.

I really hope that we can do this again... *yawns* maybe just a we bit earlier. lol