• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yew Gate Home Owners

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A suggestion for yew gate home owners:

Instead of house hiding and lame sauceness of not flagging until you have 5 to 1 odds or waiting for enemies to flag. Put potion and trap box and apple vendors in your homes to promote pvp rather than be boring. Seriously, how many x or ld can fit in one room shack?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, what is the attraction of Yew gate? Is it just a traditional place to find people?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past it was one of 2 competing gates. Britain was previously le grande gate but during ages long past the presence of a server line and nearby extra guard zones became problematic. the scene shifted to yew as it has the least guard zones and no nearby server lines. Now the attraction is tradition by older players and the lower forms of pvpers house hide.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Utterly sad. X, KoVF and LD house hide all day... what are all you people doing inside those houses?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
waiting for you to leave so they can go outside and play in the sunshine?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In fact I am not. I am not only orange to both groups but red for good measure. My guild mates and I play real pvp characters and we don't rely on guardzones. we can't even drag x members out of their houses to fight 99% of the time and LD are only willing to leave the house if its 4 to 1 odds in their favor and even then they are unlikely to venture far.

I swear it's like the special olympics here. Full of sub pars, wanna bes, mediocres and unknowns. Leave your houses, and take our money by supplying potions, boxes, bolas, apples and smoke bombs from your highly profitable yew gate homes. You could be rich kids, instead you insist on never learning how to pvp.

Oh and X, how many people of yours died in terra keep against 3 characters? I pulled 500 points and 4 sots of you kids. Leave your houses or SL.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
waiting for you to leave so they can go outside and play in the sunshine?
Clearly. We just want them to welcome us to the shard. Everyone keeps saying they're amazing pvpers but beyond seeing the mediocres and subpars we've yet to come across these amazing pvpers.

V

Vyal

Bud come on now you come to this shard and talk trash all day, coming here and going out and killing people is cool but not trash talking like that. I am just telling ya man. Your going to be beggggggggin for an xfer token before it's all said and done with if you keep that up.

Seriously how many of the biggggest guilds from all over have come to Legends? Only to be slaughtered once they all got here? I ain't part of no huge zerg guild anymore but unless you got yourself 50 or so of THEEE very best people your guild isn't going to cut it here. One like there is only 50 good pvpers on the whole game and most of them came from, have played or have toons here on Legends that they hop on every now and then.

I hope you bring your CoW guild here matter a fact tell em to read this thread cuase FYI ATL doesn't have many good PvPers take it from me when I can go out on a mage and get 2k kill points on atl in the SL faction with no houses to run to and no crew to roll with - everyone knows I can't play a mage for the life of me but on ATL I can be a beast on a mage rofl.

Really just trying to be cool ya know but buddy you are rolling with those EF kids that came here talked trash on everyone and got curb stomped daily then still talked trash, I think they got so upset they quit the game and a GM even banned one guy. I bumped the PvP thread for ya ;)

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh' Vyal Legends pvp talent has gone from great to poop. Its been on a steady decline for years.

I've started playing again, and am attempting to introduce a pvm based guild on atl to the pvp scene. i can tell you the pvp talent is far greater on ATL than it is on Legends.

I know I've not sent a char back to legends yet....but if ^X^ is a top dog then....lmfao roflcopter blah blah blah.

!O! forced ^X^ in the past to drop the BNA alliance with a single threat. So....I guess if they are a top dog now, a few COW members should have 0 problem on the shard.

.....but I dunno how good these COW guys are. So who knows.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly Vyal, I can't imagine anyone considering this to be trash talk. We're asking that people stop house hiding(not pvping), stop their accusations of all sorts of hillarious things(one member of ^X^ said we used a hack to do higher damage spells) and promote open pvp. We don't rely on some zerg or huge numbers. We use our second rate chars made from spare supplies on other shards to smash face. There seem to be a few competent pvpers in LD that could probably hold their own on other shards fine but the rest of the people on the shard are silly.

Consider this to be an open call to folks on this shard: Stop house hiding, open up a few yew gate shops for selling pvp supplies like boxes, pots, apples, petals, bolas and the works.

You guys do this, and less folks are going to lose points while hiding in their homes. You're all aware of what I'm speaking of and if you some how aren't, ask in ventrilo.

We're here to promote healthy pvp on your shard. You all can go with the flow and make this shard more fun with us, or have the rest of your shard force it upon you.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, hang on a second ...

*suddenly clues in that you're not the Omni I thought you were*

ooooops. :dunce:

Have at him! :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damnit Maple!!!!!

U hath owneded me.

I wasnt going to post but you have provoked me!!!:thumbsup:

Anyways. Dont listen to Vyal. He pretends hes good at PvP...but really he isnt. I wouldnt take what hes saying to heart. Hell hes not even good at UO.

On a side note, 92.3% of the shards good pvprs are no longer on Legends. But that is neither here nor there.

The fact that your asking people to quit house hiding at Yew gate in itself is an oxymoron. You say you want to promote healthy PvP, but Yew gate fighting is not the way to go. Just saying.

Ohh I dont play anymore either. Because this game became nothing but people like Vyal. Huge trammies who talk trash and let super dragons pvp for them.

Ask Vyal about the time I owned him on foot with half my armor off and he was mounted and he ran off screen I dont know how many times. So much for a godly archer hahahaha.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yew gate can be fun for faction pvp as long as folks dont fight from their homes.