• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet Another Returning Player Questions

Laeo

Visitor
Hi!

I played UO from ~2000 to 2002 on Drachenfels and am thinking about returning to the game. I have some questions though.

1. What third party programs are allowed? Just UO Assist and UO Automap like back in the days? Couldn't find any official info about that.
2. If I start a new account all expansions up to and including Kingdom Reborn are free I have read. What if i reactivate an old renaissance account? Do I get the same expansions for free then?
3. Do I need Stygian Abyss, High Seas and Time of Legends at the beginning and do i have to buy them in that order?

Thanks in advance!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think every thing up to Mondains Legacy's is a free upgrade. I'm not sure if it includes Samurias Empire. The last three you can buy in any order. UO Assist, UOAM, and I think the other program is Ultima Mapper. That's if for legal programs

Laeo

Visitor
I think every thing up to Mondains Legacy's is a free upgrade. I'm not sure if it includes Samurias Empire. The last three you can buy in any order. UO Assist, UOAM, and I think the other program is Ultima Mapper. That's if for legal programs
Thanks for answering! Downloading the client now :)

Phoenix_DWxC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for answering! Downloading the client now :)
Also, when ready to buy expansions I might start with the newest Time of Legends that is what most folks are doing and it seems some more content is expected. Then buy the others Stygian Abyss and High Seas. Welcome back..

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I would definitely buy Stygian abyss first otherwise you won't be able to use a lot of the new stuff. Plus there is a lot more stuff to do there then time of legends, which isn't so fun at this point.