• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another "My new Dragon" post! :P

F

frodofeet

Just got my first Greater Dragon! Sorry y'all must be getting rather bored of these posts but I'm just so excited!

I'd like to say a bit thanks to Aevaal Thyrr on Europa for taming it for me. I'd spent all day trying to tame one, and tbh I couldn't manage it
. Seems my skill stops at taming Cu's (I have 115/115 so can't use lack of skill as an excuse).

Anyway I think Aevaal saw me struggling and jumped in, and lead tamed one for me (he made it look way too easy, wish I knew his secret hehe).

So here he is... don't know if I'll be able to resist the temptation in using him before bonded...

K

Kurgan

Scores a 4311..
Not to bad

3000-3800 Dump it
3801-4800 Keep
4801-5800 OMG!!!!!!
5801-6000+ SWEET!!!!! (I am God Here)

F

frodofeet

Thanks for checking that

Where is the calculator out of interest? The one in the sticky doesn't seems to include Greater Dragons yet...

K

Kurgan

Take the Physical resist and subtract 100
So 100-82=18 (Make this .18)
Now take the hits and devide by the above number..
So 776/.18= 4311.111 etc

I

imported_Sarphus

I don't think you can ever accurately rate a pet just by its hp and physical resist.

my opinion of this pet is that it's not too bad. The HP are sub-par, but the STR is VERY high, which makes a large impact on damage output.

Physical, Cold and poison resist are all good. Energy resist is acceptable. Fire resist is REAL bad. I don't generally keep dragons with fire resist that low, but it's hard to say with the other resists and the phenominal STR.

It'll train up to about 123.3 wrestling (assuming it's completely untrianed in this screenshot), which is really good.

114.3 tactics... That's a moderate tactics value, but still helps. All told, you can gain up to 5 dmg per hit from tactics on these dragons. This one will get about 2 or 3 of that damage buff, so I certainly don't scoff at dragons with 114 or so tactics.

the magic resist skill cap is high, but I don't generally care about that. MR makes sense if you use the pet for pvp or you expect the pet to get cursed a lot.

The magery is a little below avg, but I don't think that really matters to much.

What you have with this pet is a high damage pet with some high resists, but really bad fire resist. Be careful around critters taht deal tons of fire damage and you should be ok.

F

frodofeet

Thanks for that Sarphus, good info there

(Yeah, the screenie was taken immediately after taming, with no training done.)

I was a bit concerned about the FR myself, but like you say, there are some good points which I think kinda balance it out.

Not the best for sure, but I'm def. keeping it (have started training already hehe).

I

imported_Sarphus

it's almost max str... that dragon will hit like a truck