• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Yellow Perch

S

skulldug

I've just obtained the High Seas booster and got my first quest...only problem is, I can't find the damn FISH!. I've fished around Haven and Fire Isle for over an hour with no success. Is there a certain skill level you need to be at to catch the new fish?...can you buy bait or is it only available as a quest reward?

M

Muu Bin

Not too sure about the skill level. I'm at 100 so I wouldn't be of much help in this area. At 100 though, I have managed to fish up just about everything other than the new rare fish which require greater than 100 (106 I believe is the "magic" number).

Yellow perch are found in shallow water anywhere. I have only fished in two shallow water spots, the first being in and around the floating market and the other being around Skara Brae.

My problem seems to be with the damn rock lobster. Those traps are a real pain in the :bdh: (donkey?)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on what fish you need for your quest. Some are only cought from shore/in shallow water, others are only cought in deep water. Crabs and lobsters are always fished up by lobster traps only. Have a look at Fishing in the High Seas to see, where you need to fish.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've just obtained the High Seas booster and got my first quest...only problem is, I can't find the damn FISH!. I've fished around Haven and Fire Isle for over an hour with no success. Is there a certain skill level you need to be at to catch the new fish?...can you buy bait or is it only available as a quest reward?
Here is a nice page to help you locater the fish you need. Fishing in the High Seas Not sure about skill level as I am at 100 fishing. Bait is a quest reward only.