• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Year End Review

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just for fun i have decided to post what event items i received at events this year, and which i didn't get though being at the event. i only came back to the game mid year after a 3 year hiatus so my list is pretty small, feel free to share your own successes and failures if you would like :)

these i received-
Mystical Cloak Of The Hermit Nicolas (20)
Santa's Magic Bubbles (15)
A Souvenir From Zox's Muesum Of Fish (59)
Horance's Firedoom Staff (20)
Evil Clown From The Haunted Circus (20)
A Broken Vase Crafted In Tokuno And Once Holding The Spirit Of The Djinn Izumu And Still Hot (?)
A Throne Crafted From The Bones Of Past Victims - The Blood Of Innocents Forever (15)
A Pet Parrot (35)
A Scarecrow That Would Scare Even A Murder Of Crows (15)

these i did not (* at the end denotes that i did not receive looting rights)-

Sentient Life-Force Core Of The Alien Aspect (20)
This Platemail Gloves Carries The Regalia Of An Officer Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata (20)
A Rack From The Armory Of King Blackthorn (20)
This Platmail Leggings Carries The Regalia Of An Officer Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata (20)
Every Surface Of This Standard Of Chaos Is Covered In An Ancient Runic Script (20)
These Supple Leather Boots Carry The Golden Ankh Insignia Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata (20)
A Harvest-Day Lantern Made From The Preserved Husk Of The Not-So-Great Pumpkin (20)
A Red Ant Mound (10) *
An Enormous Fang (15) *
Effigy Of A Hanging Judge (15) *
Golden Genie Lamp (Genie Not Included) (15)
Lady Tessa's Scrying Brazier (15)
Flain's Black Badge (~75) *
Pentagram (Blackrock Golem Color) (25)
Stuffy Harlequn Lion (20)
Globe Containing Magic Dust To Reveal Hidden Doorways (10) *
An Image Of The Guardian Izum Who Protects The Places HIdden Here And There (10) *
Shoulders Crafted In The Tokuno Islands And Inset With The Emblems Of A Fox Above The River (10)
Tunic Crafted Somwhere In The Tokuno Islands Inset With A Hummingbird Emblem (10)
Contained Essence Of The Time Lord (15)
The Torn And Tattered Hide Skinned Off The Corpse Of An Ancient Lycanthrope (15)
An Ornate Wash Basin Adorned With Carved Images Of The Old Gods (15)
A Water Spout (10)
A Rolling Wave From The Deep Sea In Honor Of All The Creatures Who Live There (15)
A Massive Block Of Pure Gold (15)
Amelia's Resting Place. You Hear A Faint Scratching From Within. (15)

so in the end i received 9 drops out of 35 item dropping events, 6 of which i didn't earn looting rights. i'm good with getting a drop about 25% of the time, kinda wish the ones i got were of the higher value ones though ;) this may be slightly updated based on sonoma's event this week

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items I got this year by getting the drop myself:
Shards Of The Shattered Caliburn, Britannian Sword Of Legend
A Steaming Pot Of Mulligan Stew Stirred Faithfully By An Old Gypsy Woman
Headmount Of Fafnir The Diamond Dragon
Pentagram (Blackrock Golem Color)
A Souvenir From Zox's Muesum Of Fish
Necropiglet
Tunic Crafted Somwhere In The Tokuno Islands Inset With A Hummingbird Emblem
A Broken Vase Crafted In Tokuno And Once Holding The Spirit Of The Djinn Izumu And Still Hot
EM Faine Morgans Enchanted Cook Pot [Caution STRONGLY Advised!!!]
Light Of Holiday Spirit
A Massive Block Of Pure Gold
A Year's Supply Of Granny's Gooseberry Jam
Santa's Magic Bubbles

Items I bought from this years event item list:
A Pet Parrot (x2)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hate to see what ShuShu, Olchere, Nails, or Twista's list would look like but here is my list:

Shards Of The Shattered Caliburn, Britannian Sword Of Legend (Turn 10 In EM Converts To Sword) (?)
A Steaming Pot Of Mulligan Stew Stirred Faithfully By An Old Gypsy Woman (20)
A Cutlass With A Skull And Cross Bones Engraved On The Hilt (10)
Contained Energy Of The Dark Stranger Lost In Time (10)
A Cracked Crystal, With Evil Energies Flickering Within Its Core (10)
Benambras Diary (10)
Artifact Of The Pentad (Amulet) (50)
Artifact Of The Pentad (Bracelet) (10)I Found Peter And All I Got Was This Lame Shirt (25-30)
An Enormous Fang (15)
Nightshade Infused Summoner's Staff (15)
Key To The City Of Trinsic (15)
A Jade Pig Stolen From Emperor's Garden (10)
A Miniature Of Zalindera The Spider Goddess (18)
A Jade Monkey Stolen From Emperor's Garden (~20-25)
Headmount Of Saphira The Sapphire Dragon (10)
Nachteule's Schnapidralli Werkzeugskiste (10)
Headmount Of Joermongandr The Emerald Dragon (10)
The Haunted Bed That Rocked The Boy To Sleep (10)
A Broken Mirror Shard, That Whispers "I Shall Always Be Watching You" (200)
Britannian Royal Spy - Consultant (24)
Britannian Royal Spy - Investigator (19)
Icy Wave (15)
Enilno The Quicksword (~50)
Cuddly Mr. Crab (15)Royal Spy Secret Decoder Ring - Clearance Level: Snitch (19)
Royal Spy Secret Decoder Ring - Clearance Level: Investigator (21)
Stuffy Harlequn Lion (20)
Necropiglet (20)
A Star Plucked From The Sky: In Memory Of Eliad And Luna (10)
Tunic Crafted Somwhere In The Tokuno Islands Inset With A Hummingbird Emblem (10)
A Vial Containing Liquid Courage (20)
A Corpse Of A Man Killed By His Purity (10)
A Detailed Map Showing The Journey Of Events We Shared Together, From EM Aname (~30)
The Rotting, Lifeless, Remains Of Vaeg The Sorcerer (10)
Bottles O' Moonshine (10)
Joyful Statue (~40)
Jars Of Honey (10)
Jar Of Stolen Thoughts (10)
A Finely Sewn Kilt Emblazoned With The Insignia Of The Kingsguard (~30-40)A Throne Crafted From The Bones Of Past Victims - The Blood Of Innocents Forever (15)
The Torn And Tattered Hide Skinned Off The Corpse Of An Ancient Lycanthrope (15)
Contained Essence From Creatures Stolen By Krowlee The Evil Mage (15)
A Strange Flask Swirling With Dark Power (Caution: It Looks Volatile) (10)
EM Faine Morgans Enchanted Cook Pot [Caution STRONGLY Advised!!!] (~30)
Small Black Pearl Gifted From A Sea Serpent (10)Natasha Imbedded In Crystal (10)
Daniels Broken Silent Kryss (~30-40)

Last edited:

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol.. yeah i had a preggo wife and then a new born and also came back this year so ima have to +1 to the zero pile. haha.... but i did have fun at the couple atl and one sonoma event i was able to attend!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hmm I don't even remember but looking at everyone else's list I got...
(list may not be complete)

Shards Of The Shattered Caliburn, Britannian Sword Of Legend (Turn 10 In EM Converts To Sword) (?)
I Found Peter And All I Got Was This Lame Shirt (25-30)
Britannian Royal Spy - Consultant (24)
Royal Spy Secret Decoder Ring - Clearance Level:??
Necropiglet (20)
A Star Plucked From The Sky: In Memory Of Eliad And Luna (10)
A Detailed Map Showing The Journey Of Events We Shared Together, From EM Aname (~30)
A Finely Sewn Kilt Emblazoned With The Insignia Of The Kingsguard (~30-40)
Headmount Of Fafnir The Diamond Dragon
Light Of Holiday Spirit
A Year's Supply Of Granny's Gooseberry Jam
These Supple Leather Boots Carry The Golden Ankh Insignia Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata (20)
Flain's Black Badge (~75)
Shoulders Crafted In The Tokuno Islands And Inset With The Emblems Of A Fox Above The River (10)
The Heart Of Winter (20)
Benambras Diary (10)
A Statue Of A Man Going Valiantly Forth (5) X2
A Virulent Rose (20)
Honor Above All: A Tapestry Of Trinsic (15)
Lady Tessa's Scrying Brazier (15)
A Spider Egg Sac Laid By The Queen Spider (10)
An Obsidian Obelisk Carved With Ancient Runes - The Aura Of Death Emanates From Within (10)
A Carefully Sculpted Statue Of A Mythical Gryphon Hunted To Extinction By Poachers (15)
A Chunk Of Painted Wall (10)
A Dangerous Fertilizer Recipe Recovered From An Angry Farmers Body (10)
Ophidian Dung (?)
Guts From A Sea Worm Host To Thousands Of Parasites (10)

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
zero out of maybe 8-10 events....sucks really

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont want to post everything Ive gotten this year (Its a bit long), I will say this:

I evidently suck on Drachenfels + Baja
On the other hand, I was perfect on LA this year

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow we have some pretty dedicated players here. I did not realise the amount of events that took place in 2014. I just wish I had more time to attend some, but between work and family I'm just happy to fit some time in to UO when I can. Congratz to everyone I hope to go around and see some of these in your museums in the coming months. Thx again Flutter for the oppurtunity to purchase the orion style em event item, fits well with my collection of statues. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all my friends on the rares forums!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll Bite

Atlantic
Wall Trophy Consisting Of The Skin Of A Daemonic Creature Known As The Trinsic Terror (20)
Intricate And Antique Tailoring Shears Of An Ancient Style Commonplace During The Founding Of Trinsic (20)
A Harvest-Day Lantern Made From The Preserved Husk Of The Not-So-Great Pumpkin (20)
Remains Of The Burning Knight Of The Ancient Order Called The Knights Of The Ankh (20) x2
Mystical Cloak Of The Hermit Nicolas (20)

Baja
A Container Glowing With Orcish Holiday Cheer (10)

Catskills
Decayed Flower Taken From The Mad Gardener (10)

Chesapeake
A Virulent Rose (20)
Toxic Rabbit Pie Trio (20)
-----------
A Crystal With An Evil Presence Trapped Within (30)

Great Lakes
Britannian Royal Spy - Watcher (14)
Icy Wave (15)
Statue Of Vervialem, Champion Of Gargoyle Unity (15)
Lucky Charm Bracelet (20)
------------
Dryad Of The Grape Vine (15)
Golden Genie Lamp (Genie Not Included) (15)
Royal Spy Secret Decoder Ring - Clearance Level: Scout (13)
Flain's Black Badge (~75)
Evil Clown From The Haunted Circus (20)
A Dainty Delicate Dolly (20) x2
A Year's Supply Of Granny's Gooseberry Jam (60) x2
Shadow Quarrels (20)

Napa Valley
An Egg Of A Crimson Dragon Radiating Heat That Can Be Burn The Skin From Your Hand (10)
-----------
A Finely Sewn Kilt Emblazoned With The Insignia Of The Kingsguard (~30-40)
A Sapling of Yggdrasil Born From the Life Force Of All Those Lost From the Mortal Realm (?) x2
A Carefully Sculpted Statue Of A Mythical Gryphon Hunted To Extinction By Poachers (15)

Origin
The Shirt Off Of An Unlucky Leprechauns Back (~40)
----------
I Found Farmer's Brown's Prized Pig (10)

Pacific
Ophidian Dung (?)
A White Point Star (15)
Broadsword Bearing The Mark Of The Hellhound Clan On The Pommel (10)
A Statue Of A Majestic Gargantuan Seahorse Not Seen In Sorsaria Since The Shattering (15)
A Rare Swampy Plant Used In Alchemy (10)
Guts From A Sea Worm Host To Thousands Of Parasites (10)
Light Of Holiday Spirit (10)

Sonoma
I Am Flying High Because I Beat Mesanna Playing Roulette On Sonoma (7)
A Pet Parrot (35) x2

I've collected rares for a number of years but only decided to get serious about events about 2 years ago. Far from some of the pros, but still did very well on the shards i have characters. Battling not just Sosarias most powerful monsters, but also the lag, scheduling, client crashes, the massive crowds / low odds, boss bugs, getting lost, its not as easy as the old timers make it look! Still playing "catch-up" adjusting to the new system, and still do not have characters on all shards.

Considering i havent broke down and started multiboxing like some of the more determined players, and play only 2 simple characters manually on most shards I think i did pretty good. Its definitely alot of work and dedication, ive attended hundreds of events this past year and built many suits / characters. Events are really the most exciting thing for me in Ultima Online right now. The live entertainment of the EM program is something that really sets it apart from other games and one of the few reasons i'm still playing after all these years.
Ive always done atlantic events, but my experience just goes to show that all you have to do is start somewhere. 1 shard at a time.

I would have liked to see more "evil / dark" items this year but overall the quality of the Program is extremely strong. Its awesome to see these creative EMs, who are players just like us, put on a great show consistently time and time again.

Looking forward to next season!

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you for this post. I didn't realize how well I was doing. Each event is it's own entity to me though.
I am far from the best, my streams can prove that. (I will do some more after the holidays) And as you can see I have gotten my fair share of items.
Some I hated to miss but you can't win them all. If you keep in mind the amount of work I put into making and suiting these characters to participate, it is true I don't
"win" every time. I don't have multiple characters. Heck I have trouble keeping up on one sometimes. But BUT it does take participation and effort.