• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Year End Approaching...No Classic Shard

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cal_Mythic

Just to clear things up ... Morgana and I did have a chat, and I misunderstood the question she was asking me.

I thought she was asking if we have server backups for our game, and I said of course.

It was a miscommunication.

As for the rest ... The reason there is no announcement is that after a lot of thought I didn't want to push two paragraphs out that don't entirely address the subject that consistently gets so much attention. :)

This topic is as emotional as it is one of technology for Ultima Online, so I wanted to address it in a venue where you can hear and see what we have to say that is the dev diary we are doing on video.

One last thing:

I've flown in the backseat of F-16s for training. When training, pilots often operate anywhere between 1500-3000 feet AGL (above grown level). When doing air-to-air normally above 15,000. When things get hazardous over the channel you will hear "knock it off." IT means rise to a safe ground level and await the next stage of training.

I do understand every person's insight and investment in this topic ... I personally do not wish to have any person think this topic is neglected. There are 1,000s of viewpoints and well ... a lot of fighter pilots. :)

Many of you have some very sound points of view ... but this topic is one which requires a bit more info that I am definitely going to share, just not in a forum where it does not allow you to grasp the entire scope of what we've evaluated.

- C

C

Cal_Mythic

Is this something that we can expect to see before the end of the year Cal?
No. As stated in the Producer's Letter it takes a while to get all the pieces together for a video. Plus, everyone has been slammed.

We really never had a moment to breathe from July through ... oh this past Friday.

There is much more going on than boosters and publishes. But we couldn't can't say anything until stuff is solid. Well we COULD it's just best not to. :)

We are aiming for mid-January to get the "State of the Game" video together, but that is a moving target.

It's most important to know we do do our best (and I do my best) to answer and try to respect both expectations and delivery to the community.

In this instance we simply ran out of time,

- C