• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yeah, sure, why not...

L

LordChimaera

I'm coming back on monday, most likely (my computer should be arriving early in the afternoon...crazy new machine yay). Does anyone know if my old house location is taken/by whom/how to contact that person? I'm going to pay for 6 months and try not to get all involved so I won't get too burnt out; it's annoying to come back to a game I knew and not be up to date on all the goings on. Regardless, see you all at luna bank sometime monday afternoon or evening. PMs regarding my house spot would be much appreciated.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked your house, and it's still there. No sign of wear, still has your goodby post on bulletin board. "bye everyone" dated 2-15-08.

I figured you must be still paying for your account, to keep your house up.

welcome back

:D

L

LordChimaera

I have not been, but maybe I paid in advance or something...or maybe someone is posing as me! Dunno. But my computer arrived from Dell today... a $2300+ machine (just the tower!) and it doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're sending me a new one, rush delivery, but wtf right????

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dells are great but their company is a lil funny. A friend ordered mine off of Dells refurbished site. He ordered one and the tracking number got messed up and they couldnt find it. They mailed it UPS and 2 weeks later it still didnt arrive. So they mailed a new one UPS. 2 days later he got it and another one arrived the next day through fedex the one they lost. crazy enough fedex picked up a ups package on accident slapped their label on it and delivered it!

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been, but maybe I paid in advance or something...or maybe someone is posing as me! Dunno. But my computer arrived from Dell today... a $2300+ machine (just the tower!) and it doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're sending me a new one, rush delivery, but wtf right????
I've been on the company end of stuff like that. Trust me, it's always working perfectly when it's shipped out. I've seen UPS knock out video cards and memory modules, sometimes processor heatsinks, just with how hard they shake the boxes.

I know it's a pain, but so are irate customers that want their system to 'just work.' :)

Life is full of variables we can't control..... much h8 for that, eh.

L

LordChimaera

That occured to me when I started yelling at the service rep that was helping me out. I apologized, but I'm not about to fix a machine that I just paid a couple grand for and took out of the box. I know a guy that works for FedEx, and he tells me horror stories about what those guys do to people's boxes. It'll get here one day, and it'll work.

I was reading about Darkfall the other day. I would think oldschool uo players and people into new and improved mmo's would be beside themselves excited for this game. Anyone going to play? I'm going to sign up for the beta when I get my machine, would sure like someone to adventure with though =)

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That occured to me when I started yelling at the service rep that was helping me out. I apologized, but I'm not about to fix a machine that I just paid a couple grand for and took out of the box. I know a guy that works for FedEx, and he tells me horror stories about what those guys do to people's boxes. It'll get here one day, and it'll work.

I was reading about Darkfall the other day. I would think oldschool uo players and people into new and improved mmo's would be beside themselves excited for this game. Anyone going to play? I'm going to sign up for the beta when I get my machine, would sure like someone to adventure with though =)
1) I understand, I would insist on a working item too if I ever paid that much for anything. :) But I would have to risk taking a quick peek in there at least.... probably voiding the warranty.... (I've built hundreds of systems personally.) Over and over again, customers ship back perfectly working systems that don't boot just because one thing dropped out of the slot. *pop* done. /sigh there goes $100 in shipping....

2) A lot of UO players are very excited about Darkfall. I have not heard of any Napa players mention it, but a lot of folks that post to U.Hall have. Maybe try there.... but it would get moved to off-topic probably.

K

Kurgan

Glad to have you back on board.. no pun..
Are you still going to be hitting Napa?

L

LordChimaera

Yeah, that's the plan. Napa is my home. I have a few things on other shards, but I plan on bringing it home as well. I'll stick around and watch the game live out it's days, but the more I read about Darkfall the more excited I get; when it comes out I'll be all about that over uo, I expect. I called Dell back today, asked if all I had to do was maybe put a component back in place, the guy didn't even want to walk me through it, just suggested I wait for the replacement machine to show up. Expensive piece of junk downstairs. 2.8Ghz Quad core 1333 FSB processor with 12mb cache, 4 gig DDR3 w/ 12mb cache, 500GB hard drive with 12mb cache. Think I'll be able to run stygian abyss when it comes out?? =)

E

eccentricjules

Welcome back, I just returned this week as well. Actually, I’ve heard of at least 5 people who have come back in this month alone. The past couple days it’s been “I miss so and so” then someone says oh they came back recently.

I must say, I’m quite pleased. It’s not nearly as fun playing without some of the people who left!

So welcome back LordChimaera, I do remember you, and welcome back to all the returning players!!!

-Lady Lavender =)

On another note... Why doesn’t my Stratics work right? My signature won’t work, I can’t put on an avatar, the private messaging feature is gone…. Whats up with all that???

L

LordChimaera

I'm patching right now, so I'll be in Luna within the hour or so, for those that still pay attention to these boards.

Also....

APB for Mudd! Hey d00d...new machine means I can actually smoke you in CS...so what was that server addy again?