• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] WWYD with this turq ring?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought this Turquoise Ring off a vendor for 200K:

+8 Eval
+3 LMC
+5 SSI

How would you Imbue it? I plan on selling it (already have two such rings- a 7/7/7 st/dx/int 20 ep 5 SSI and a FC1/FC3 LMC7 LRC18 SSI-5 one).

Tank Mage? Beef up Eval to 12-15, beef up LMC, add LRC or SDI or both?

Replace with Bushido? and add 25 EP? DI? HCI/DCI?

Repalce with Necro? and add Spirit Speak? LRC? FC?

Replace with Anatomy so you can redistribute skill point pool?

Or reduce Eval to 1% and add two other skills,stats,resists,etc. ?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions...

J

[JD]

200k? that's a steal

i would make the ring appeal to the widest most popular audience to sell the easiest. right now thats melee/archery. if you sell to tank mages you'll be selling to a niche market only and probably have a harder time selling.

im not sure whats wrong with my imbuing calculator but its recording 5ssi as only 18 weight which seems incredibly low. without knowing the actual weight its hard to make suggestions. but in general i would probably do something like this:

but i would modify it to:

+13 or +15 to bush or anat (depending on weight)
+7 or +8 to lmc (depending on weight)
5 ssi

the remaining 2 slots could be any combination of:

13-15 dci
13-15 hci
25 ep
25 di

hci dci on the ring would be nice, but unless someone has wood armor they will need di on their ring to hit 100% di so you may only be able to choose one.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's got SSI, I'd definitely make it a warrior ring.

Eval's gotta be replaced - I'd go with anatomy

Other candidates aren't as attractive to me.

Bushido - Most sammies have this maxed out
Veterinary - Limiting audience to tamer warriors
Necromancy - Most sammies already have the exact amount of necro they need

Because it's a ring, that means ercu's cannot be used in conjunction. I'd add 25 EP.

Last one would be hci.

So,
8 lmc
5 ssi
15 anat (reduce to 10 if over imbuing weight)
25 ep
15 hci

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's got SSI, I'd definitely make it a warrior ring.

Eval's gotta be replaced - I'd go with anatomy

Other candidates aren't as attractive to me.

Bushido - Most sammies have this maxed out
Veterinary - Limiting audience to tamer warriors
Necromancy - Most sammies already have the exact amount of necro they need

Because it's a ring, that means ercu's cannot be used in conjunction. I'd add 25 EP.

Last one would be hci.

So,
8 lmc
5 ssi
15 anat (reduce to 10 if over imbuing weight)
25 ep
15 hci
I would do the same but add DCI instead of HCI as most PvPers on my shard run faction items thus hitting the HCI cap much faster. That said I'd be able to find a home for that item on my account in two seconds. Nice score with all the right features, I'd keep it for a bit before getting rid of it while trying to find a nice dark saphire brac to match.

J

[JD]

nice, hm damn. i am finding more and more reasons to start a tinker

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lolita,

Everyone has different needs, but this is what I would do with that ring. Like everyone else, 5 SSI is a mod desirable for archers and warriors. My sampire doesn't really care about LMC so I would take that particular ring and make it for my ABC Archer. Here is how I would make it look:

8 DEX (110)
5 SSI (19)
25 DI (100)
15 Anatomy (140)
8 LMC (110)

110+19+100+140+110=479

There is a little extra intensity to work with there so if you didn't need the DI or the DEX you could go with HCI. Anyways, that is what I would do with it. It's more of a PvM approach as I don't usually use potions.

-OBSIDIAN-

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice, hm damn. i am finding more and more reasons to start a tinker
Fortunately the ssi-5 has little "weight" since it is a non-typical mod to jewels, so I may go the DCI & HCI route, add EP 20-25, and nuke Eval to +1....

My Chiv Archer is wearing the 7/7/7 stats 20 EP 5 ssi ring and wear an Imbued fire ruby bracelet: Dex 7, St 6, EP 20, HPR-2, DI 8. I Imbued all this stuff when I was at Imbue skill 100ish - may re-imbue this latter one and see if I can bump up the mods. The MR-2 on ring knock s me up to HPR18 w/Darkwood suit on (yeah, yeah, still wearing that suit - I'll haveto make Imbue a new suit now that I am 120 have a nice stash of ingreds)...

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can make some insane armor imbueing up and then enhanceing with bloodwood for the hpr-2 as long as your willing to break a few items along the way.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make some insane armor imbueing up and then enhanceing with bloodwood for the hpr-2 as long as your willing to break a few items along the way.

I can't force myself to waste the Powder, though:( I did do it on some leather armor, used a horn kit on 12 pcs, NO PoF - then beefed up phys and bumped luck to 100 - then enhanced with Spine. 2 out of 12 survived, 20ish Phys and 140 Luck - but only 40ish Dur...

If I really felt lucky, I would imbue the wood armor then enhance with Heartwood, hoping for DI 10 or HCI 5 ...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't force myself to waste the Powder, though:( I did do it on some leather armor, used a horn kit on 12 pcs, NO PoF - then beefed up phys and bumped luck to 100 - then enhanced with Spine. 2 out of 12 survived, 20ish Phys and 140 Luck - but only 40ish Dur...

If I really felt lucky, I would imbue the wood armor then enhance with Heartwood, hoping for DI 10 or HCI 5 ...
I just crafted the armor out of heartwood. I kept all of the 5 HCI and 10 DI pieces. It means I can only imbue 4 mods (instead of 5) on each armor piece, but this way I didn't waste any POF, nor break any nice pieces trying to enhance. I used a lot of heartwood, but this was way cheaper than buying POF. I've already burned through all of my personal stockpile so that's my only option at the moment for POF.

-OBSIDIAN-

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just crafted the armor out of heartwood. I kept all of the 5 HCI and 10 DI pieces. It means I can only imbue 4 mods (instead of 5) on each armor piece, but this way I didn't waste any POF, nor break any nice pieces trying to enhance. I used a lot of heartwood, but this was way cheaper than buying POF. I've already burned through all of my personal stockpile so that's my only option at the moment for POF.

-OBSIDIAN-

I have made suits for my Tamer/Archer and Bushido archer with Heartwood(5 HCI pieces). If you are willing to burn through some Heartwood boards, you can get a really nice suit :) Both of mine use Mace and Shields and Rune Beetle Carapace, along with 4 pieces made from Heartwood and I believe each have 68 Cold Resist as the low resist on the suits.