• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wth!!!

A

Azazel of LA

I LOVE how all the for sale posts got moved to the trade forums. *Sarcastic* :thumbdown:

N

Noie

I like that it's in the central trade forums even though it's a west coast shard. At first I thought no one had anything to sell from LA. lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, we're in the "Central" forums because there is a long-standing misconception that there is a "Central" server farm.

Before LA ever opened, there was one, that had the other shards in that "Central Trade" list.

However, LA has always been a west coast shard, and before it opened (about 6-12 months before), the Central server farm computers were moved to the east coast hosting site.

Part of the reason for the misconception is that many people believed the Central farm was in Austin (it wasn't - it was in the Chicago area), and when LA was announced, they referred to it being named for the Lake visible from the OSI/EA-Austin facility (and some of the language was misinterpreted as meaning the server was actually in that building - it may have been during its beta test, but it was in CA by the time the shard opened to everyone).

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, we're in the "Central" forums because there is a long-standing misconception that there is a "Central" server farm.

Before LA ever opened, there was one, that had the other shards in that "Central Trade" list.

However, LA has always been a west coast shard, and before it opened (about 6-12 months before), the Central server farm computers were moved to the east coast hosting site.

Part of the reason for the misconception is that many people believed the Central farm was in Austin (it wasn't - it was in the Chicago area), and when LA was announced, they referred to it being named for the Lake visible from the OSI/EA-Austin facility (and some of the language was misinterpreted as meaning the server was actually in that building - it may have been during its beta test, but it was in CA by the time the shard opened to everyone).
This will be looked into. For now, until new word on the matter from the Administration, use Central Trade for LA. When a fix happens, if the posts are prefixed accurately (Lake Austin), it should be easy to move them to West Coast Trade.

Price Checks may be done in the Shard forums, but if they turn into a trade, then it needs moved.

Auction In-Game Events (not Auction Trade threads) may post their auction lists and announcements on the Shard forums. If they start trading in the threads however, they will then need moved to trade.

Auction Trading threads are "Trade Threads" and should be treated as such.

Redirect Pointers will expire quickly (usually 24 hours/1 day) for trade threads to keep abuse low. Apparent abusing of Redirects by traders will result in infractions.

I LOVE how all the for sale posts got moved to the trade forums. *Sarcastic* :thumbdown:
Actually, I moved about 40+ trade posts across the whole UO Stratics Shard Forums, not just LA's...

Bottom line, Trade posts belong in the Shard's Trade Forums not the Shard Forums.

Any further concerns should be sent to [email protected] instead of being posted on the forums, which doing the latter would violate Rule I.

Thanks!

*Orvago bows*

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops, this wasn't supposed to get locked! My bad!

Just wanted to update, this Central Trade issue this is being addressed now. It may take a few days for communication on this to pass through to the rest of the Admins, for we cannot make a change like this until all of us have had time to respond to the issue.

For now, please do continue to use Central Trade, just be sure to prefix your trade threads with Lake Austin!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, Orvago, if you'll look at the Central Trade Forum's history....

I pointed out with the VERY FIRST post, this issue concerning LA's location.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So sorry Basara! That would be all my fault then for not paying more attention.

I have good news however, Ryna has fixxored things up. LA is now in West Coast trade! Please update any links you may have posted in the stickies or anything. Not sure what links are out there and I am pressed for time at the moment.

*Orvago cheers*

Thanks Ryna, you rock!

*Orvago gives a big smile*

Thanks everyone for your patience.

*Orvago bows with gratitude*