• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH was that patch

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you're having to reinstall, it's because you cut off the patch in the middle, corrupting the process.

It's converting the patcher to the same type as the EC.

As long as you let the updates run its course (the DOS window is part of it), then let the updates run their course without UOA running, it updates fine. Note that this patch comes in multiple parts. Only when it says it is up to date on startup without patching, without using UOA to start it, is it really done.

UOA has two issues with it.
1. IT starts UO with both the client running, as well as the new patcher (if you're patched up, just close the patcher)
2. For some reason, the patcher that starts with UOA running keeps repeating the last patch, which was completed properly. In other words, if the new patcher starts downloading gumpartlegacyMUL.uop over and over, just ignore it and close it either before it starts to install, or after it reinstalls (not DURING), and use the client that shows up IN ADDITION to the Mythic patcher.

BTW, I can't get where people are getting the "minutes" for the patcher to run - if you're fully installed, it takes 15-30 seconds. I ran it TWICE in a minute, and I'm on a pathetic old laptop with an old wireless router, with about 60-80 latency to both coasts. Now, if you let it run through the reinstall of an unneeded file, it might take that long, otherwise, it's run faster through those new patcher installs than through equivalent sized patches in the old one.

The new patcher has one advantage, once the bugs get worked out of it and Tug fixes UOA for it... If you miss several patches in the future, it will apply all of them in one pass, instead of multiple patches.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thnk what is happening is the younger players who have never seen dos run anything on their systems before panic and stop it in mid stream thinking they have a corrupted download.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI from tugsoft:

New UO patch info.
EA has changed how patching happens so UOAssist does not work correctly with the new systems.
For now you can work around this by running UO without UOAssist ( run UO.exe ) and get UO all patched up.
Then you can run UOAssist again and you will get errors but UOAssist and UO should run.

I'm working on a proper fix.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My uoassist patched a bit ago and seems to be working correctly now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not working for a bunch of us - it's starting UO, but UOA shuts down when UO starts.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Force update check on UOAssist, its working for me since UOAssist had its own patch. Make sure you run as admin if your on Win7.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My UOAssist doesn't have a "Force Update" option. I even tried reinstalling UOA.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My UOAssist doesn't have a "Force Update" option. I even tried reinstalling UOA.
Hmm, mine installed with one. If you know command line at all, you can try running UOAssist.exe /Update

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From uoassist notes:

Mar 14, 2012
Found a problem with the changes I made for the new UO patch system that ultimately was causing UOAssist to not load with UO. I believe I fixed it so get the latest patch if you haven't already and try it out. If you do still have the problem with UOAssist not loading with UO please try all 3 of the load methods and let me know if some/all of them are not working for you.

Before reporting trouble please make sure you are running the latest versions of UOAssist.exe and UOAssist.dll by clicking the Settings button at the bottom right of the UOAssist update/news page. At the bottom it will display the versions - they should be UOAssist.exe 1.8.1.0 and UOAssist.dll 1.22.1.0.

Sorry for the trouble but I will keep working on a solution if this latest UOAssist update doesn't correct the problem.
Mar 14, 2012
Some email has been received with people explaining they aren't seeing UOAssist after getting the latest patches for both UO and UOAssist and this has been confirmed for certain settings. Here is a work around until that gets fixed.
  • Start UOAssist
  • On the UOAssist news/update page click the Settings button in the bottom right corner.
  • Near the top middle of the screen you'll see the 'Load UOAssist using' options.
  • Select the 'oldest' method.

Hope that helps some.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yep, it's working for me now, with the second fix.

I just wish I could actually email him - when the first fix didn't work, I tried emailing him and it bounced.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another UOA patch but still not loadin UOA. I have gone into setting and tried all the patch methods with no luck.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found a bug - for me, it loads properly the first time in, but if I shut down UO and try to restart with UOA later, it doesn't work, plus Assist keeps running in the background even after you shut down UO. Rebooting fixes it.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, no clue what to tell you, mine is running fine, closing properly and re-opening fine, both on my Win7 computer and winXP computer.