• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTF Yesterday on UO/ATL was a total waste NOTHING saved

• Thread starter Lorelei Rage
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lorelei Rage

Apparently NOTHING on Atlantic saved! Some lost millions others that thought they got scammed have their money back. What happened that caused nothing to save? This is crazy that an entire day was not saved now what is ea going to do about this?

L

Lorelei Rage

Just in case EA team does read this. Between the server just shutting down with no warning and losing all that work and now this PEOPLE ARE NOT happy. Maybe keeping us informed what is going on and not keeping us in the dark might calm some extremely frustrated people.:link:

T

Tazar

From the uoherald...

Player Notice - Atlantic Shard
James Nichols
07 Apr 2010 10:25:22

Greetings!

As some players may have discovered early this morning Atlantic encountered an error. Due to this we were required to restore player data from yesterday to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused and appreciate your cooperation and patience, thank you.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess my post was deleted that i put up @ 4am.. must say of all the times this has happened before this time it pissed me off :( lost a whole day of working and 120ing mysticism. i bet any other online game doesnt have these issues.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Really sucks. Sorry, to everyone that this affected. :(

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
friends of mine were playin in destard training there drags, when they logged on tehm, one still had his pet, but other didnt

1. looked at bar, no pet count
2. looked in stable, not pet
3. used ball , no pet
4. looked around dungeon, no pet
5. paged a gm....logged before i could ask her what they said :(

:( so there goes her trained GG

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That sucks so much! Really sorry to hear that. :(

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope we will not have issues again tomorrow (Thursday) or we could suffer a lot of angry players no longer willing to play this revert game. I know it sure sucks the fun out of UO when you can't trust the fact it will save. I know for me, I lost 4-5 hours of solid work thanks to this little issue.

I remember, all too well, what it was like in the good ole days. When things would go unstable… the best thing you could do is to check in and make sure your guy was safe and not in danger of being murdered… or murdered again. It was like a waterbed. 1 ripple… like a waterbed… was always followed my more. It was never worse then when AoS hit. And yes, we have come a long way since then… but we lost so many people from those massive problems.

I think what bothers me more, these days… they can't post news items like this one uo.com when they are relevant. We don’t get the 5 on Friday or anything, anymore. So, we never know if it's the game or the unstable Comcast in my neighborhood. And they don't like confessing to their issues, either.

R

Ramuramu

i feel ya, lost my rangers cloak last night because of this..