• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTF why does it take so long to gain 0.1 skill.

A

Artaneius

Seriously for the past 3 days I have tried to boost my chivalry skill to 100 because of the stupid upcoming patch and it takes a FOREVER. No wonder why so many people quit this game, it takes a FOREVER to boost up a skill. Literally spending 2 hours a day doing nothing but spam noble sacrifice and holy light is so ****ing boring! Thank god I only signed back up for 3 months because after coming back from 5 years absence I can't wait to leave again, back to Starcraft 2.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure you have skills set to go down and chivalry is set to go up.

C

Capn Kranky

do what I did ... stone off (if possible) some skills that will lower the total you have to around 350 or so. These should be skills you can do without for a short while.

Go someplace where there are foe that you know the missing skills are not needed for ... and go slaughter. Use a Chiv spell lots during that time ... Consecrate, EoO, etc. Shouldn't take you long to gain. I personally used Despise levels 1 and 3.

BUT BE CAREFUL! If you gain more than .1 and are at skill cap, returning the stoned skills will fail at some point because of the extra .1 or so over what you wanted.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do what I did ... stone off (if possible) some skills that will lower the total you have to around 350 or so. These should be skills you can do without for a short while.

Go someplace where there are foe that you know the missing skills are not needed for ... and go slaughter. Use a Chiv spell lots during that time ... Consecrate, EoO, etc. Shouldn't take you long to gain. I personally used Despise levels 1 and 3.

BUT BE CAREFUL! If you gain more than .1 and are at skill cap, returning the stoned skills will fail at some point because of the extra .1 or so over what you wanted.
Set the skill arrow down and stone a skill to the character. Problem solved.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Move around a lot. There are skill reserves in 8X8 areas same as fish, logs, etc.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, make sure you are using skills "at your level". A 45 to 65% chance of success gives a much better chance to gain than doing things that either always or seldom work.