• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Wrong Weight on Freshly-Crafted Heavy Powder Charges?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made about 100 heavy powder charges on Lake Austin just a bit ago today with my alchemist. When I tried to put 50 of them into my fisher's backpack, I couldn't do it, even though I thought she had plenty of weight-carrying capacity left. Weird thing was that after trying to put the heavy powder charges in her backpack, her weight was then showing as only 10, although she was fully dressed and had about a dozen rune books, marked runes, sextant, some purple petals, and an empty box in her backpack.

After undressing her and emptying her pack completely, she was showing a weight of 10/477, as an elf. I still couldn't put 50 heavy powder charges in her backpack, even though mousing over them showed that they each weighed 1 stone. However, I was able to load her up with boards while she was stark naked and it looked like the weight display was back to normal again. Redressed her and tried picking up heavy powder charges again and started the whole mess again with her weight display being messed up and had to undress and completely empty her pack again. (Note: After logging her out during my log-in on Origin and then logging in again on LA, her "stark naked/empty pack" weight shows as 15/477.)

At this point, while she was stark naked, I dragged the whole pile of 97 heavy powder charges to the commodity deed box downstairs and put them in deed form. Then I decided to un-deed the heavy powder charges. To my surprise, the "new" heavy powder charges from the deed show a weight of 10 stones each!!! Switching over to Origin, I looked at some heavy powder charges I made last week on Origin and they also say that they weigh 1 stone each. When I put just one in my character's backpack, it increases her weight by only 1 stone. However, while I'm LIFTING that one heavy powder charge, my character's status bar shows her weight has increased by 10 stones. Similarly, adding 17 heavy powder charges to the backpack only increases her weight by 17 stones. But LIFTING 16 heavy powder charges increases her weight by 160 stones. (For some reason, I can't get a 170 stone weight increase by lifting the whole pile of 17 charges.)

I also had 46 light powder charges on Origin from merchant ship holds. They weighed 1 stone each in the secure chest, but turning them into a deed and then redeeming the deed changed their total weight to 460 stones.

So....how much do these darn things REALLY weigh? 1 stone or 10 stones??

Some screen shots from Origin and Lake Austin.

17 never-deeded heavy powder charges in a secure chest:

17 heavy powder charges in a secure chest.jpg

The same 17 heavy powder charges moved to fisher's backpack:
17 heavy powder charges moved to backpack.jpg

"Lifting" 1 heavy powder charge, none in the backpack:
lifting 1 heavy powder charge.jpg

"Lifting" 16 heavy powder charges, none in the backpack:
lifting 16 heavy powder charges.jpg

The same 17 heavy powder charges on Origin after I turned them into a deed and then took them out of deed form:

17 undeeded heavy powder charges on origin.jpg

Un-deeded heavy powder charges on Lake Austin (this stack weighed only 97 stones before it was turned into a deed and then taken out of deed form):
97 undeeded heavy powder charges on Lake Austin.jpg

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a similar issue. Once in the pack the weight is ok. Lifting/moving them it is super heavy. I just have to move them to pack in small numbers to avoid pack rejecting them based on erroneous weight.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to add that I took the deed for 97 heavy powder charges on Lake Austin to my ship and converted it back to heavy powder charges. They weight 970 stones. However, now after having used some to fire at a merchant ship, the weight is back to 1 stone each. And new ones I took from the hold of the merchant ship also only weigh 1 stone each! Unfortunately, I wasn't really paying close attention when I pulled 20 out to put in my fisher's backpack ...was too excited about finding a merchant ship, I guess. So I really don't know when the weight changed back to 1 stone from 10 stones.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
So I really don't know when the weight changed back to 1 stone from 10 stones.
This issue is very similar to the fish, crab and lobster issue that you had reported and is currently in the system.