• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] wrestle vs parry

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you could have either 120 wrestle or 120 parry, had 100 dex, and could only have one or the other with 70 dci. Which one would block more?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the RNG, if you had 120 wrestle vs someone with 120 weapon skill, and your DCI was always at 45, you should get hit 50% of the time.

If you have 0 defensive ability but 120 parry and 80+ dex, you would parry 35% of blows that would otherwise land a successful hit, or in other words you would be hit 65% of the time.

S

Stupid Miner

According to the RNG, if you had 120 wrestle vs someone with 120 weapon skill, and your DCI was always at 45, you should get hit 50% of the time.

If you have 0 defensive ability but 120 parry and 80+ dex, you would parry 35% of blows that would otherwise land a successful hit, or in other words you would be hit 65% of the time.
... assuming they're using 45 HCI, right?

S

Santo Cristo

Originally Posted by Lynk

What if you have both, assuming everything else is the same?

A

A Rev

Originally Posted by Lynk

What if you have both, assuming everything else is the same?
well thats simple;

chance to not be hit 50%

Chance to parry 35%

Chance to be hit and parry 17.5%

So total chance to no tbe hit = 67.5%

[i think]

S

Santo Cristo

A rev,

Thank you for your help, you actually answered two of my treads!

As I mentioned in previous posts, I am a returning player trying to find out what my template should be.

I currently have a developed mage (120 mag, eval, med, wrest, resist) and the following skills in souldstones gm poison, alchemy inscription) and 115 Necro and SS.

I was playing last night wit my mage and I found out that even tho I love the skill poisoning is not effective as it once was, so I guess I wont be using that skill.

I also got hit quite a bit (I was using a mage weapon), therefore my curiosity in adding parry to my mage.
The template would be

120 mag
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 wrest
120 parrying

What are your thoughts?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also got hit quite a bit (I was using a mage weapon), therefore my curiosity in adding parry to my mage.
The template would be

120 mag
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 wrest
120 parrying

What are your thoughts?
You're going to find yourself lacking the firepower to do the necessary damage.

You might want to add a little something extra to this.

I would suggest dropping wrestle for anatomy to free up 20 points. From there you have a couple of options. I really enjoy using an alchemy/parry mage with 50 EP. The conflag damage is pretty OP, talking 12-14 dmg per tick. If you get someone in a confined space you're golden. You also have the ability to chuck exp pots if you need to chase someone down for the kill instead of stopping to cast (takes a lot of practice or a good macro to time this properly). You're also looking at 47 dmg greater heal pots. To do this drop wrestle for GM anat, and drop med to 40. What I would do is get an imbued 50 EP ring and put some skill point increase and dci on it to bring med up some more.

Another good template is parry/scribe. Drop wrestle for anat for 20 points, drop magery to 100 and use the crystalline ring, then drop med to 60. That should give you enough room for 100 scribe. Your suit will need lots of LMC/MR/MI/HPI, which is really easy to do with imbuing.

Finally, my favorite template is the Tamer/parry mage.

To make this one work you need a ring with FCR and the rest in skill points, and the +5 taming/lore talisman. Magery ends up suffering a little, finishing around 112 or so.

But its Mage/120 eval/120 resist/100 anat/110 tame/115 lore/100 parry. Best to ride a dread mare. Kind of expensive to put together unless you can imbue your own stuff and have a dread laying around. A Cu Sidhe also works pretty well with those 44 dmg bites.

S

Santo Cristo

Thanks Lynk! I will play with your ideas and test it out. You gotta love the soul stones!!