• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestle Archer template/concept - please comment

• Thread starter Playhardgopro
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Playhardgopro

Hi guys,

I was daydreaming, thinking of templates that could solo PvP and survive various common situations and I was thinking of:

Archery: 120
Wrestling: 120
Tactics: x
Anatomy: x
Healing: x
Resist: x
Parry or Ninja: remainder

Not sure on the exact skill layout. It would be remainder in parry/ninja, though, with the other skills getting preference.

I was thinking of a variant of the disarm archer that would be a little more defensive (able to survive on your own).

Assuming you take parry, run with a shield up (the one that gives +20 parrying maybe - can't remember the name but I've seen them a few times or something similar), 45+ DCI and 120 wrestle to deflect arrows and dexers. Heal with pots and healing. Go for the wrestle disarm against dexers, archers and mage-weapon users. Then switch to a bow (ideally balanced so you can pot but more important would be having hit spell to maximise damage before they rearm) and chase with moving shot (while they are disarmed) or use para/mortal/doubleshot/whatever works best.

If you get your bow disarmed you rely on wrestle and dci to wait it out (and arm a shield - is that possible if it was just the bow that got disarmed?).

The other option is to add Ninjitsu instead of parry to make it disarm and dismount proof (as you can pop into dog form when you are dismounted - and I'm sure this would free up some skill points) But then you will deflect less blows when you are in disarm-mode than if you had parry.

Against anyone with wrestling who you cannot disarm (just pure mages?) you just have to rely on HLD, HCI, 120 archery and high damage from tactics and anatomy and hit spell.

I have not played UO for a year or so as I am abroad but still enjoy thinking up template ideas - forgive me if it doesn't work as I can't test it in game. I'd like to try it though - I think it would be a good solo template (especially with ninja for dealing with dismount).

Let me know if you think it sounds good or any other thoughts.

Thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a good idea, I've thought of doing this myself but I don't like playing archers all that much.

I would definately go with Ninja over Parry, the template will be too cramped to fit 120 parry (which would be the only way it would be worth while).

I'd suggest the following build. With 80 ninja you can spam mirror images when dismounted to save you from dexers. You won't be able to go into wolf form reliably, but you should have some success with Llama or Ostard form.

The only problem I see with the build is mana for offense.

arch 120
wrestle 120
tact 100
anat 90
heal 90
resist 120
ninja 80

P

Playhardgopro

I agree about mana for offense, because it would have to come from the suit. But that is possible I'm sure.

If you were able to find the right items, you could + skill to get ninja up to 107.5, for never-fail mounted-speed animal form?