• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wraith form ?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can think of two benefits. First, folks can run through you without receiving the message, "You push something invisible out of the way." Second, in male wraith form, you're harder to see.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It works wonders when camping an IDOC... *winks*

D

Draken S/C

I can think of two benefits. First, folks can run through you without receiving the message, "You push something invisible out of the way." Second, in male wraith form, you're harder to see.
Thanks, I thought so. Question is, I've looked at dozens of steals etc in champ spawn areas were ppl are antzy as hell, movin round but half the ppl who claim to steal here don't run necro in there temps. I'm not saying anyones a fraud, I just would like the skill to be inside that tight little island and shadow jump around and never get hit. If I ever build a thief again he's def gonna have some necro, kinda hard to live without that advantage til they fix it imho.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
With patience you can cast Wraith with human JoaT... A bit of jewlerly helps.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Kelmo said.

But yes, in wraith form while hidden, no one will ever know you're there ;)

Unless you manage to get hit by some area spell from a red or someone reveals you.

I've been planning on using wraith form to help me patiently wait until groups kill the champ while I have their bags open hoping to grab a nice scroll :D

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I used it at first, but eventually dropped it. Just depends on how you play.

On Europa, the only busy fel champ seems to be baracoon. I stand close to the stalagmites in areas that players wouldn't naturally run through. Of course, I don't stealth up to people. Ideally, I shadow jump to each person, pop their pack, the shadow jump somewhere safe. When I jump that much without someone noticing, I pick out who I think is the protector, pop his pack, jump away and wait for that 120.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Also, the ossian grimoire gives +10 necro. If you throw that (plus some jewels) on to cast, your JoaT should keep it cast.

D

Draken S/C

Also, the ossian grimoire gives +10 necro. If you throw that (plus some jewels) on to cast, your JoaT should keep it cast.
Sweet, wraith form would be the only way to stealth for me... Puts more power into the thiefs hand. Why risk getting bumped into?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You can still be tracked... Trust me. Wraith is not the panacea. You still have to play smart.

C

Cruxshadow

the biggest downside to it is that you cant escape quickly. even if you can snoop freely like that, once you make the steal, you are running away in wraith form, slow as hell, while the mark is chasin you down on horseback. i was runnin necro on my thief, but decided to drop it due to this. i like to just snoop extra carefully on foot, and still have the option to steal, llama form, haul ass!

D

Draken S/C

the biggest downside to it is that you cant escape quickly. even if you can snoop freely like that, once you make the steal, you are running away in wraith form, slow as hell, while the mark is chasin you down on horseback. i was runnin necro on my thief, but decided to drop it due to this. i like to just snoop extra carefully on foot, and still have the option to steal, llama form, haul ass!
Still I think I would rather stealth around comfortably, make my grab, possibly drop a dragon on that ass and then shift and stealth away. May be to many moves in there gonna have to tshard a bit to get the right mix. I don't play ATM so prolly gonna be a while.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The thing is...how are you going to hide the dragon at a champ? Once you make a steal, you become visible to the world. You won't have time to re-log to get your dragon and I don't think you can use a pet summoner in a champ zone.

If you went there well ahead of time on a dread or a cu, you could hide with it. However, as soon as you enter wraith form, the pet will become visible, as you cannot be mounted in wraith form.

Honestly, I see pets as more of a hindrance than a help in most cases. You can't stealth with them, and if they're following you, they'll give away your position. At champs, I'd much rather steal in human form, hit wolf form (for speed and survivability), and run for it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you can't steal while in animal form. Once you steal you can quickly jump into animal form for the speed. You can steal in wraith form, and after stealing you can just simply animal form into your chosen form and run away.

D

Draken S/C

The thing is...how are you going to hide the dragon at a champ? Once you make a steal, you become visible to the world. You won't have time to re-log to get your dragon and I don't think you can use a pet summoner in a champ zone.

If you went there well ahead of time on a dread or a cu, you could hide with it. However, as soon as you enter wraith form, the pet will become visible, as you cannot be mounted in wraith form.

Honestly, I see pets as more of a hindrance than a help in most cases. You can't stealth with them, and if they're following you, they'll give away your position. At champs, I'd much rather steal in human form, hit wolf form (for speed and survivability), and run for it.
First of all if I was gonna scroll hunt I would have a character in a champ guild ( so I knew exactly when they start a spawn). You can still summon your pet if it's in the area, correct? (been a long time since I've played. Tokuno to be exact). That being the case I would carry him just close enough where he could be summoned and I wouldn't show up at the spawn until all the focus was around the altar. The dragon dropping I mentioned would just be a big ass smoke screen right after you make your pick. Could possibly gain you an extra sec or 2? I'm just bored and scheming.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, are you playing Siege, then? I'm not sure you can use a pet summon ball at a champ. Can't remember off the top of my head. If you can, then doing so might work.

When you say you'll be in a champ guild, does that mean you're stealing from guild mates? heh

D

Draken S/C

Ah, are you playing Siege, then? I'm not sure you can use a pet summon ball at a champ. Can't remember off the top of my head. If you can, then doing so might work.

When you say you'll be in a champ guild, does that mean you're stealing from guild mates? heh
Nooooo, the guilded guy would be a saint so he will always know the times you need to show up on your thief. Can't risk your informant getting the boot.