• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Wraith Archer PVM!

Ginjow

Visitor
I am getting back to the game after years of being away. The template I am trying to run is an Archery/necro build that has:

Archery:120
Tactics:115
Anatomy:115
Healing:90
Resist:90
Necromancy :90
Spirit speak: 100

122 hp 50 mana 193 stam ( not the best but hey I am working on it! )

This build is interesting but I think a few tweaks can be made and I am open to discussion! My reasoning for this is:

Necromancy for curse weapon (HUGE heals) Wraith form (mana leech, Constant armor ignore) Wither (great for spawning level 1-2) spiritspeak affects the length of curse weapon and the mana leech of each attack.

Archery/tactics/anatomy are self explanatory but in case I am mistaken these together make for BIG hits with a very nice set will take down big enemies fast.

Resist and healing for defensive purposes I understand there is debate on the use of resist but I prefer it because hey I am a noob.

Again if I could improve this let me know I am down to try anything.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am getting back to the game after years of being away. The template I am trying to run is an Archery/necro build that has:

This build is interesting but I think a few tweaks can be made and I am open to discussion! My reasoning for this is:

Necromancy for curse weapon (HUGE heals) Wraith form (mana leech, Constant armor ignore) Wither (great for spawning level 1-2) spiritspeak affects the length of curse weapon and the mana leech of each attack.

Archery/tactics/anatomy are self explanatory but in case I am mistaken these together make for BIG hits with a very nice set will take down big enemies fast.

Resist and healing for defensive purposes I understand there is debate on the use of resist but I prefer it because hey I am a noob.

I currently run:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

Base stats: 125 Str, 121 Dex, 14 Int.
138 Str/144 HP, 150 Dex/210 Stamina, 16 Int/52 Mana.
All 75's, 100 DI, 55 LMC, 2 MR, 50 HCI, 5 DCI, 55 SSI, 4 HPR, 25 HP, 60 Stam.

Throwing is better than Archery for numerous reasons including being one handed for potions, no ammo/weight, easier to find runics for reforging.

Bushido for Honour/Perfection, Confidence, Momentum Strike, Lightning Strike when unable to AI.

Necro to allow for both Vamp Form and Wraith Form, Curse Weapon, Summon Familiar, Corpse Skin, Revenant.

Chivalry for Sacred Journey, EoO, Consecrate Weapon, Close Wounds, Cleanse By Fire, Remove Curse, Dispel Evil.

Also carry pots for heal/cure/refresh/str/dex/invis, petals for when in Wraith Form, Trap Box for parra, and Enchanted Apples for an additional curse removal. I also macro using the Primer Talisman for removing Bleed/Mortal/Poison in a pinch.

Ginjow

Visitor
Yeah that all sounds like a TON of work for very little gain. with the last part. I can get the same results with resists and not have to worry about the karma balancing act because of necro and chiv.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yeah that all sounds like a TON of work for very little gain. with the last part. I can get the same results with resists and not have to worry about the karma balancing act because of necro and chiv.
There's a huge amount of gain in terms of both damage and defense. Without Bushido or Chivalry you won't get anywhere near max damage on anything that doesn't have a single slayer vulnerability; Barracoon, Semidar, Neira, Medusa, all Peerless apart from Stygian Dragon, Slasher Of Veils, Blackthorn Captains, Exodus, most of the Shadowguard encounter, Corgul, Scalis... basically everything worth doing.

There is no balancing act between Necro/Chiv/karma, you don't need high karma to use Chiv, and rarely need to cast any Necro spells besides changing form. The karma gained killing monsters in form far outweighs the loss from the infrequent need to cast Curse Weapon. Most situations where you would drop into Wraith to AI spam are ones where you're not soloing and if you're not soloing you don't need to worry about Curse Weapon.

You're also far more reliant on consumables (bandages and arrows) and in protracted battles that is not a good place to be. Especially as with your lower damage everything will take longer.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll throw my two cents in:

Drop resist all together and carry a box.
Drop Necro to 40 and carry a + necro tali and book just for casting wraith form.
Add bushido for honoring tougher mobs.
Add chiv for EOO and CW.
Carry a high area effect bow for low level spawn (in place of wither).

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my template:

Archery - 105 natural (+15 from jewels)
Tactics - 120
Anatomy - 100
Healing - 100
Resist - 100
Chivalry - 95 (+15 from jewels)
Spirit Speak - 100 natural (+15 from jewels)

To get into wraith form, I have a separate LRC suit that has jewels and a spellbook that put me at 45 necromancy - enough to get into wraith form. The Spirit Speak gives me extra mana leach. I bring this toon out for boss encounters like Medusa, Exodus, and a few others. I have 214 stamina, so I can hit pretty fast and pretty hard. The mana leach allows me to almost chain Armor Ignore non-stop. Between healing, anatomy, and chivalry, I can heal/cure either using bandages, or using close wounds and cleanse by fire chiv spells. I also use other chiv spells like Enemy of One, Consecrate weapon, Divine fury. I have full set of slayers, plus some non-slayer bows that just have maxxed out mana leach or life leach. I don't do much Fel spawning on this toon (I prefer my sampire for that), but I could help out if it was ever really needed. It is useful on the Lord Oaks spawn with a Fey Slayer bow.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

add Chiv 120 & Bush 50+ for max damage out ( & also use 70 HML Composit->48 HML at 40SSI)