• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOW!!!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
omgomg!!!

I open up my twitter and get this message...

*sniffs*
I wanna thank the team @Mythic, my fabulous followers on Twitter, and Mom - for without her I just wouldn't be...

HEHE! This is a merry xmas and whatever they send I hope is UO centric! I'm not much into Warhammer...

I'll post what they send me.

Anyone who is on twitter... you still have some time left to enter and win something!

Attachments

S

Salya Sin

LMAO! CONGRATS! Are you going to quit your job? You sort of left that one out...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nah... not quitting my job (what would they do without their lead programmer?!?!)

but I am going to disney!!! LMAO!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I bet you guys all forgot, eh?

Well, I finally got a UPS package shipped ground (to Hawaii?!?!) and I noticed it came from Mythic!

So, shoving Brad Pitt (see RL pic thread) off the coffee table, I then commenced upon opening it up....

Out tumbled the following:

Letter is a xerox copy saying thanks and congrats (nothing special).

Itemized list...
---Warhammer codes for ingame stuff (anyone play Warhammer?)
---Warhammer miniatures (cool - I like painting miniatures!)
---Warhammer button (like we used to wear on jean jackets back in the 80's)
---Warhammer book (mmkay... add it to my collection of unread books)
---Warhammer shades (logo is on one of the arms - noticing a theme here??)
---Warhammer GIANT belt buckle (okay... uhm... anyone want a belt buckle?)
---DAOC stickers (are these representative of something in DAOC?? am clueless)
---DAOC wax sealing kit (THIS is cool! It looky like a little dragon!)
---UO Blackthorn's Revenge figure (plastic, missing hoses... I have an original from the expansion release---actually, have ALL the Todd McFarlane figures hehe!)

And there you go. Not the greatest, but still cool. I figure, if I played Warhammer I'd be stoked...

I'm having more fun with all the bubble wrap. lol :D

S

Salya Sin

Umm... I'm confused... Didn't you win an Ultima Contest? Why did they send you Warhammer stuff... thats umm... kind of lame.

BUT!!! That wax envelope sealing kit ROCKS!!! I want one! I would send crappy letters to EVERYONE all the time... just so I could use it. Out of all of it... THAT was worth it.

CONGRATS!

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing I noticed was the miniature and thought cool I'd like to paint that, lol.

Congratulations :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Umm... I'm confused... Didn't you win an Ultima Contest? Why did they send you Warhammer stuff... thats umm... kind of lame.

BUT!!! That wax envelope sealing kit ROCKS!!! I want one! I would send crappy letters to EVERYONE all the time... just so I could use it. Out of all of it... THAT was worth it.

CONGRATS!

The contest was to tweet about the Mythic 12 days of xmas... and Mythic does all three games.

Does anyone play Warhammer? I got some nifty codes for uber rare items there....

And yeah, that sealing kit is da bomb-diggity! Already using it to send notes to people at work.. lol!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*casts resurrection on thread*

Posted in the Trader's Hall trying to get rid of the WH codes.

Anyone interested, PM me.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awesome!! I wish I was more social otherwise I'd get a Twitter but the name itself pisses me off.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, congratulations on your win, Kirthag. I'm glad they actually got it in the mail to you. Someone at Mythic is on the ball.

I wish I was more social otherwise I'd get a Twitter but the name itself pisses me off.
Okay, to me it's funny that someone named "Tenki" wouldn't like the name "Twitter" =)

You do seem like a pretty social person, actually. I've noticed that you post fairly often. You might enjoy tweeting. It can end up moving pretty fast and you would probably choose to get tweets from only those who tend to post about things that interest you.

BlissMarie

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks Bliss.

I was just amazed how they sent it "ground" to Hawaii! lol!

Its why it took soooooo long to get to me. Some of the winners actually got their packages in a few days.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ground to Hawaii!! Well maybe they know about a really old Lava tube we should explore!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, congratulations on your win, Kirthag. I'm glad they actually got it in the mail to you. Someone at Mythic is on the ball.

Okay, to me it's funny that someone named "Tenki" wouldn't like the name "Twitter" =)

You do seem like a pretty social person, actually. I've noticed that you post fairly often. You might enjoy tweeting. It can end up moving pretty fast and you would probably choose to get tweets from only those who tend to post about things that interest you.

BlissMarie
Well, it's hard to see but because we aren't in person..I'm recovering from Social Anxiety.. I'm still really uncomfortable and anxious around people : / I'm getting better though , I could use a hug or a snuggle :] :heart:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*uses seed of life on thread*

Just wanted to post that the codes have been traded to a WH player who is very happy with them.

So glad I could give them to someone who would use them!

Okay folks - back to your normally scheduled drama.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i won something not to long ago!, nothing as kewl as what ya got though!! lmao
scored a Stygian Abyss Poster signed by the old dev team (before they all got canned) draconi, chrissay, mesanna ect, ill put a pic up of it when i get the chance...Odin won the same aswell as one more person who isnt a Napa player..the other prize that came with this was the statues of our chars at the Em reward hall (which i never understood why we couldnt keep them!!..was not an Em event!!) lol

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
DUDE! I'd much rather have a poster like that than all of the WH stuff!

You know... I got all kinds of UO maps framed and hanging on my wall in my home-office. My sons asked me just how many maps of Sosaria I really needed! LMAO!

Even the cloth map is in a special humidity-controlling frame. :)

Am I addicted yet?

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i still have my cloth map too lmao
we won the posters for winning a SA closed beta ghost race contest lol..we had to run from just beyond the tomb of kings entrance of the abyss to the fire island entrance of the underworld in ghost form, top 3 winners won the statues and posters, i came in 1st (muuhahaha) Lord God (another shard) was second and Odin Firefly was 3rd..they have our statues on the corners of the EM reward hall (ive been tryin to bug someone to let us have copys of them!! lol..wasnt an EM event afterall!! hehe

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I brought the LBR figurine in to work and everyone thinks its the coolest thing since swiss cheese! Currently, a small McDonald's toy is being choked by the claw. Sometimes an effigy of some supervisor (including me!) is found in LBR's clutches!

I'm getting the rest of my McFarlane figurines out of storage and putting them up in my home-office. When I get the stuff done, will post pics sometime in another thread. ^.^

Would be interesting to see just how many people have IRL UO stuffies!