• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wow two of same bod two diff rewards....

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the assumption that this large bod gave 100% chance at horned runic. I just filled two 10 piece normal leather exceptional male leather suit larges on siege. I got a horned runic from one and a barbed runic from the other. According to tower of roses its 100% horned runic reward. This happened to anyone else? or have they boosted the randomness of rewards?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How long has it been since you filled BODs?

They added that random factor almost 3 years ago, though we've never gotten a full explanation of it - just that it was added. Of course, the chance of a boost is somewhere around 10-20%, and is usually 1 step (Horned to Barbed is 2 steps - be glad you didn't get a 120 PS), so it took almost a year for people to start noticing it (as opposed to assuming it being a mistake on their part, or a glitch).

There's a chance that Tailor Large BODs from the 115 PS point, upward, can get a random boost from 1 to 3 reward steps.

Smith Large BODs can get a boost up to 4 steps, starting somewhere above the Bronze runic level (and maybe at that level - not sure).

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats great! Yah I left UO for a few years so hadnt realized this. Thankys for the info.