• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOW .... The lightbulb may actually be coming on

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been making allot of posts and asking allot of questions ....

Like what should I be using for this, what piece of armor for that, you know the typical questions that one asks when they don't have enough of an understanding to make a decision on your own.

I even put together Excel Spreadsheets that let me try different items and see where I end up ... of course it's only a numbers game at this time.

What's starting to occur to me is how all of this stuff interacts and how there is NO ONE RIGHT SOLUTION. What seems to be important is how certain weapons work with certain armor against certain enemies.

What you say .... well if you're loosing mana when you fight a certain beast then doesn't it make sense that you need to change something to make up for that mana loss .... like LMC or MR.

Or if you're taking damage maybe you need to change something that prevents you from getting hit or regen your hit points.

And it would seem that since every oppenent that you come up against attacks you in a different way, what you need as far as Armor, Jewels, Weapons may likely be different for each THAT IS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT THE BEST for that fight.

I don't know ... I may be rambling ... but it seems, for me at least, that I am gonna pick out different opponents and try different stuff on them and take lots of notes and WATCH whats going on during a battle.

I have a feeling that putting together a "generally accepted" configuration will let me beat enough things that I'll have fun along the way.

I don't know .... "rambling switch off"

BTW .... I'm editing my post to add this .... Don't get me wrong. I'm not down playing the complexity of it all .... nor how much knowledge that many have on this board which they have learned through their own experiences. What is dawned on me is that I need to "understand" what items to use equip ... and how they work together. OR SO IT SEEMS

B

Baghdaddy1

Interesting view,

For me, I have always subscribed to the KISS methodology. I wear one suit and carry 3-4 weapons regardlesss of what I fight and its worked pretty good for me over the past couple of years.

Happy hunting

B

Beer_Cayse

I follow Baghdaddy's view - one suit the best I can do within funding and mods, several types of weapons for whatever I'm hunting.

I too did a spreadsheet ... tracking skills, stats and armor/mods - per shard and character. Can get handy especially if looking to buy stuff, I can play with the numbers right on-screen as I look at pieces to buy.

S

Stupid Miner

Ooo, you're maturing as a fighter, nice. :)

While the switch often isn't drastic, every monster has its own certain weakness which requires certain tactics.

Simple example: Armor Ignore does 90% weapon damage bypassing resists.
Double Strike... is self explanatory.
So if you're fighting something with all 90s in resist, you'd do *much* better with AI.
Likewise, vs. a monster with 20 each resist, AI is worthless.

The best method, as you noted, is start with a basic template and then as you use it, perfect it. This method also results in new innovative tactics for the rest of us. (if you share the info)

Don't think for a second that you have tactics if all you do is raise the skill to GM :p

The smarter fighter always wins. Items in and of themselves are nothing.

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This method also results in new innovative tactics for the rest of us. (if you share the info)
You can COUNT on me sharing ..... if there's any thing that I learn that you guys don't already know.

While I got your attention I was playing with a "starting weapon" .... I crafted an exceptional Twinkling Scimitar" and ibued it.

Nothing locked in concrete ... just wanna try it.

I end up with a 2.5 second one-handed sword. Which means my Stamina can drop down to 150 and I still have a 1.25 second swing delay.

This is what I can imbue on it ....
- Defense Chance Increase 6% ... every little bit adds up
- Hit Mana Leech 50%
- Hit Stamina Leech 50%
- Hit Life Leech 50%
- Damage Increase 50% (frees up my jewelry for something else)
- Throw in a Slayer for good luck

It tops out at 486% weighted intensity ... which will give me a little less "finish up fails" ... and I'm thinking it will be pretty decent at keeping me "topped off"

C

Connor_Graham

You'd be better off leaving the LL off and putting SSI in it's place. LL is almost worthless on weps now, while SSI will keep you swinging at max speed well below 150 stamina.

S

Stupid Miner

What Connor said... Life Leech is a bit redundant. You'll want SSI on there.

Also, you may consider imbuing everything to 90% intensity instead of 100% to save gold on ingredients. Personally, I'd put HLA on there, -25% HCI to your enemy is effectively an uncapped +25 DCI to you.

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys .....

I checked out what you said .... if I throw 30 SSI on it I will be able to maintain 1.25 Swing Speed with my Stamina as low as 90 ... probably a REAL GOOD idea as I take damage or get spelled.

I'm gonna throw one together .... and put in the my "Build in Progess Chest"

I still have to go tame a Swamp Dragon and make some Exceptional Barding Armor for him.

I have finished on my "starting point" skills ... got Swords, Bushido, Parry to 120, Necromancy, Anatomy and Tactics to 100, and Chivalry to 60 ... gonna do the Resist and SS to 100 after I play a little.

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update on the Scimitar ..... I see that the 6% DCI uses up one of the 5 imbuing slots .... since I don't really need that 6% on the sword I decided to go with a Radiant Scimitar ... that one has 40% DI ... which I will likely increase to 50% DI ... byt that will let me put all of the original mods on it that I want.

S

Stupid Miner

Update on the Scimitar ..... I see that the 6% DCI uses up one of the 5 imbuing slots .... since I don't really need that 6% on the sword I decided to go with a Radiant Scimitar ... that one has 40% DI ... which I will likely increase to 50% DI ... byt that will let me put all of the original mods on it that I want.
In PvM... the 10% DI probably isn't going to make any noticeable difference. But it's your gold.