• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Stratics Gold Medal Challenge Winners!

E

Eldorian

http://wow.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=28659

The week has finally come to an end and our winners can finally be revealed on who won the 5 beta keys and who won the 20 WWI cards.

It was a long and hard process (especially the judging since there were SO MANY good entries and I had to finally dwindle it to FIVE - and trust me when I said that was extremely tough).

Anyway, enough of that, everyone is wanting to know the winners. First up are the five winners who won the creative contest - each of these users is going to go home with a Wrath of the Lich King Beta key and will be able to pop this right in and be in the beta immediately! Winners, please check your inbox on the forums (soon) as I will have info that you will need to contact me with to get these keys:

1. Haymez - Fly Gnome!
2. Sethamun - Azeroth Games
3. Cremebox - Ping Pong
4. Endra - Spirit of Competition '08
5. Nerdicusrex - Gnome Bowling

Last but not least, I did have an extra beta code laying around from one of the cards from an event that I owned and never used - I have decided that Jump who did Athletic Style will get honorable mention and this extra code. I really wanted to pick his comic as a winner but he was ineligible with having a EU account and all. The code I have should get him into the EU beta (at some point - not immediately) I think!

Now, the winners of the 20 WWI cards. Each of these were chosen randomly by selection and just because you won the first contest did not exclude you from this contest since they were 2 separate contests (yes, there's one super lucky person). I will be sending all winners a private message on the forums asking for information as I need to mail these out. I will not scratch off and send the codes to you. Pleae keep in mind that the code on these cards give you the ingame Tyrael pet and has a beta code that promises you to get into the beta at SOME point. We can't guarantee WHEN that will be.

And the winners are:

Keitaro73
wtfisit123
rendar55
evilfox
Chocher
Nerroc
Nieth
Haymez
Tyrianus
Fojos
Jovias
Rockafizz
Orisai
Solenus117
tshrake521
Sprocster
Nyaz
Cerner601
Defait
Nejja

Congratualtions to everyone that won! I hope everyone had fun and continues checking out WoW Stratics on a regular basis. We WILL be having more contests like this in the future (probably near future at that!)

K

Kinjiro

Grats to you guys. I wish I could have been as lucky. Cheers mate. Thanks for the contest.

F

Fojos

:heart:

Eh, by the way, I think the links on the mainsite are wrong. Fly Gnome! links to What are you doing on the 4th? for example. :)

T

Thisel

*Cries to death*

Hmm Eldorian you should have only put 19 up there and the first person to point that out should have gotten the last key...

E

Eldorian

Yeah, sucks I couldn't let everyone win. We had 849 total entries in the WWI Card Contest and over 100 in the beta key contest.

We should be having more contest in the very near future (possibly another beta one)

X

xdarthduckiex

Congratulations to those who won!! Have fun in beta. :thumbsup:

E

Endra

Yay! That's so awesome. Thanks for holding this contest! :) I've got a few friends in the beta and I can finally join them.

Many of the submissions were really good. I'm kind of shocked that I won.

S

Senfan

Well I think I speak for everyone when I say, Congratulations to all you lucky son of a XXXXXXX.

K

Kinjiro

Well, I just hope that the next one doesn't require much creativity. This was the only contest I felt like I could be capable of winning. I never really understood how being creative had anything to do with being good at writing up bug/technical reports for the developers to feed on. I guess it's back to the inbox waiting game.

W

wtfisit123

wait, i won for the second competition, can u re-explain wut i have to do/wuts gna happen?

E

Eldorian

mine was the drani jumping over the roadblock
Oh yeah... Um, I don't think I had that one in my top 20 to be honest.. :(

I definitely encourage you to try again next time though, I just think the screenshot could have been done a bit better, maybe a closer up view?

S

Shiftey

/cry maybe next time...:sad4:

i wanted to get the whole roadblock...was not edited either

M

MMAnti7

Grats to everyone! Anyone that has two willing to pass one on? kidding.... sort of

K

Kinjiro

While we have so many people buzzing around the forums at the moment, anyone know of any other beta contests going on right now?

W

wtfisit123

are you going to announce when u finish handing out the private messages?

W

wtfisit123

scratch wut i just said, but is mailing the ABSOLUTELY ONLY way you're going to be giving the winners their prizes?

X

Xithia

What fun!!!!!
I didn't win, but the 'chance to' was so exciting!! weeee

I really only wanted the Tyrel pet...(the Beta was gonna be a major bonus..i DO love to see/try new things) so if anyone doesn't want theirs...PM me please :))

Blessed Be,
Xithia/Sugrbritches <Illidan>

W

wtfisit123

Hey eldorian, plz read your private messages, i gotta talk to ya

M

MMAnti7

There are other sites out there giving chances to win beta keys. Do a google search and it should bring up some options. Avoid any of those dumb youtube videos though. More than likely your account will get hacked if you follow any instructions from youtube.

I'm not going to lead you directly to the sites because I'm selfish like that. Sorry.

Edit- Just wanted to say that I really liked your entry Chauronity. Having perused most of the entries myself I can tell you it was a difficult decision. Though I do think mine should have been a winner. :p

J

Joshmaul

Well, if there are any more guides-for-keys entries, El, I'd definately go for it - that's how I got into BC's. Last month and a half of it, but I got in! :)

N

Nyaz

Woooo-hooooo!

*dances*

Oh, and I'd also like to thank my mom, my dad, my brother, the Academy, Zeus, Athena, Ares and all the Greek gods, the angry lady who works at my nearby post office, the annoying person in the other class, as well as Henry the Fifth.

Peace out!

J

Jump

Last but not least, I did have an extra beta code laying around from one of the cards from an event that I owned and never used - I have decided that Jump who did Athletic Style will get honorable mention and this extra code. I really wanted to pick his comic as a winner but he was ineligible with having a EU account and all. The code I have should get him into the EU beta (at some point - not immediately) I think!
OH MY GOD :heart: :O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to keep an eye on forum inbox then?

E

eisnerguy1

Darn :( If anyone doesn't want the Tyrael pet, please PM me :p But seriously, congrats to everyone

N

Nyaz

Oh, and by the way, when one gets the WWI card, where to go to type in the code to get into the beta? (For EU, in this case).

E

Eldorian

Oh, and by the way, when one gets the WWI card, where to go to type in the code to get into the beta? (For EU, in this case).
The card has the instructions on the back for all of that.

E

Endra

Hey Eldorian,

I've noticed that a 20 WWI card giveaway has been a common theme for WoW fansites. Did Blizz give 'em to fan sites especially for this occasion, or were they somehow just left over from your trip to WWI (assuming you went)?

Also, just made my death knight this morning. I'm impressed with the class so far. ^^

V

Vampyrx

Just want to say if that one of the winners refuses to give their address therefore forfeiting the competition im more than wiling to give my addresss, my sister, my brothers my auties uncles sisters brothers mothers address to get in :DD ( I dont have a sister but i'll give her address anyway :D)

E

Eldorian

Hey Eldorian,

I've noticed that a 20 WWI card giveaway has been a common theme for WoW fansites. Did Blizz give 'em to fan sites especially for this occasion, or were they somehow just left over from your trip to WWI (assuming you went)?

Also, just made my death knight this morning. I'm impressed with the class so far. ^^
I had them mailed to me last week. I think Blizzard is trying to get the official fansites more involved with this kind of stuff.

E

Eldorian

Okeli-dokely! *proceeds to push F5 on his mailbox*
...Wait, that doesn't work.
You need to take your mailbox to the repair store and get some F5 fluid put in it's tank and that should fix your problem.

T

tshrake521

Thank you all, I'll be checking the mail 3 times a day for it.