• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW still surprises me today

E

Eldorian

I've been playing this game for 40 months now (wow has it been that long?) - and yet to have a level 70.

So today I rolled out my 66 hunter to make that final push, today's goal was to hit 67.

While doing so I was in Blade's Edge Mountains doing the quest "What came first, the drake or the egg?". Pretty much you find these nether dragon eggs, you click them and a netherwhelp spawns. You then use Temporal Phase Modulator to change them to a proto, adolescent, or mature nether dragon. You have to collect an essence from 3 of each.

So I'm done with a couple of them and trying to get the last one, keep using that modulator, and suddenly it changes to a Level ?? HUGE dragon named Nihil the Bandished.

He stands in front of me and I go "HOLY CRAP!" - about ready to run at this point thinking maybe I should have read up on the quest first if I was gonna have to fight something nasty like this.

He startes spouting out:
Nihil The Banished: Muahahahahaha! You fool! you've released me from my banishment in the interstices between space and time

Nihil The Banished: All of Draenor shall quake beneath my feet! i Will destroy this world and reshape it in my immage

Nihil The Banished: Where shall i Begin? i cannot bother myself with a worm such as yourself. Theres a World to be Conquered

Nihil The Banished: No doubt the fools that banished me are long dead. i shall take the wing and survey my new demense, Pray to whatever gods you hold dear that we do not meet again.

At this point my senses are back to me and I click the modulator again.

Nihil The Banished: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And he changes into an adolescent nether dragon and I kill him and collect the essence I need.

God I love this game.

I

imported_Jazmine

I just did that quest on my shadow priest the other day and the same thing happened..Except when he spawned in front of me, I freaked out and ran for my life.

I

imported_Edward The Less

<blockquote><hr>

I freaked out and ran for my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, your Alliance.

G

I remember that quest....I also remember us fighting him. LOL

E

Eldorian

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno how you did that, he's not attackable.

I

imported_Jazmine

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I freaked out and ran for my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, your Alliance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your guess would be correct.
If I didn't have toilet paper for armor (and also knew he didn't attack), I might have considered standing my ground.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno how you did that, he's not attackable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm thinking of the wrong dragons.

I went up to the ones where you do your dailies...saw they had a little thing to activate it. Had no friggin clue what it did and was soloing so went "What the hell"

Tried it.

3 seconds later, one dead warlock going "What the....."

Obsidia did not like me.

L

Lord Abernathy

LOL, I actually did that too with Obsidia. I was doing the daily quests over at Blades Edge, saw the nest and clicked it, inserted the shards, next thing I know I'm getting my butt whipped by this angry dragon. I was expecting some regular mob, not an angry elite dragon boss!

Well, lesson learned!

D

DJTyrant

Yeah there is still a lot of content that I haven't even seen yet. I'm just starting on my Netherwing dailies and am looking forward to all the Shattered Sun Offensive content coming in the new patch.

Even though I've cleared all the raid instances there is a ton of stuff to still do in the game that I have not even touched which I find to be amazing considering I have been playing my toon since Day 1.