• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow how things have changed...

M

Mialee

So I played on Catskills a loooong time ago, and just decided to start playing again. I just started an archer/tamer and I'm looking to get back in the swing of things. First off, what's the market like on housing now? I'm assuming all the spots are taken, but how much does a house go for these days?

Also, are there any guilds that are willing to take in new/returning players and help me get back on my feet? I have a mage with a small amount of cash from when I used to play, but that's about it.

Thanks in advance guys, I hope Catskills is still as fun as I remember it being!

S

slasherofveils

Welcome back. I too returned about 1-2 mo ago after a 5 year haitus.

Far as housing goes, there's plenty of available land if ya run around and look. I know of a few smaller spots in tram and some larger ones in fel, if ya don't mind that facet (me being pre aos, fel doesn't bother me). Course all the premium spots are taken so fetch higher prices but if you don't mind a house in the middle of nowhere, run around the land some =)

For guilds I'm just gonna throw out I'd like a guild too that does spawns and fun stuff

G

You can find housing if you look around so it'll be just the cost to place. If you have any questions about anything, just shout them out. The community here is pretty awesome about helping folks out.

If either of you are interested in role-playing or learning to role-play I'd say check these forums out.
http://www.unsertech.com/rpring/catskills/

Quite a number of rp guilds there, although I doubt many of them are heavy spawner-type guilds. *grins*

G

Go to Haven and get to know the good folks there. If anyone can help you out they sure can.

M

Mialee

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll keep a lookout for guilds and such.

Hey, is there any way that you could maybe give me a general area as to the location of some spots in Tram? I could look around but that'd take forever! lol

I only have about 26k atm, but I'm looking into some ways that I might be able to make some money. I might try blacksmithing, I'm not sure yet

G

If you aren't wanting a big house, PM me or post your ICQ number. Pretty sure we have some openings around Skara Trammel. *smiles*

S

slasherofveils

There were a few places by skara and east of brit, also found a plot on deceit isle when I was looking to place.

Far as making money put together a LRC suit and go farm for a bit. or if you have a fighter type char go whack EEs for awhile. Bsmithing nowaday is only gonna cost money with new runic hammers and ingots and such :)

M

Mialee

So being the noob that I am, what should I farm to make enough gold to buy a house? And what is a lrc suit? lol

G

lrc= lower regent cost

a 100% lrc suit mean you need no regs or tithing points to cast spells. Well technically you need some point in your account...but none get used.

Lrc suits are great for training.....in time you can slowly build a 100% lrc suit with good mods and resists.

As far as what to hunt to farm gold...hunt what ever you can kill easily!

TW

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a place where you can place a tower. Its in Fel though. If interested pm me

Edit: also if you would like to go hunting and play late I would like to help out

J

Jovanna

wow... I'm shocked at the changes too! I've been away since 3D came out. Its almost like playing a new game now. I cant believe there are house plots around! when I was playing 700K got you a small marble in Fel FAR away from a town or moongate.

If anyone wants to show me where to find one of these small plots please ICQ me! I'd love to have a small place to call home. 466-548-458

S

slasherofveils

I don't have ICQ but I can help you find a house today if you're on during daytime.

Far as easy money, what kind of char is your best for hunting? daemons and blood elies are good for quick money. If your skills are lower though, try earthies in shame. My fav gold farm though is probably succubi in blood dungeon, though once a paragon pops up it slows things down for a bit ;-)