• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would YOU like to see this as our new splash screen?

• Thread starter imported_Phoenix_Rising
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

http://i16.***********/8eb17xu.png

I designed the above splash screen, and am hoping to see it as the new splash screen for EA-Land. The development team have stated if a player creates a splash screen that both the players and dev team enjoy, they would in fact use it. I chose the "outer space" theme due to the fact that the players are all united, and our possibilities are limitless. When more games are added to EA-Land, the splash screen could look like THIS , which gives the impression the other games are orbiting around the main logo.

If you like this splash screen, post on this thread, tell a dev staff member, or even purchase a custom content sign at my store "Pixelation Nation" to show your support.

http://i11.***********/8azpp9j.png

How great would it be for US to choose the splash screen? Let's do it!

G

I vote for that. We don't need a NEW splash screen, nor a new name. And I'll be staying this way until I'm taken to the reprograming center. <_<

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

Looks a little "outer space-y" to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my intention; EA-Land serves as a "planet" in the splash screen, as a way for people to enter into the game-play (figuratively speaking, of course - please don't try to jump in yer 'puter screen).

N

NightFlyer

It is a great screen... don't get me wrong.

It just looks like it should go along with a space sort of game.

Keep up the good work!

I

imported_Spacey

I think it's very pretty, but I agree with others that it looks like I am logging on to a outerspace game. It's spacey, like ME! lol.

G

looks very good, but i'm with the rest it just doesn't fit tso/ealand to me.

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

http://i16.***********/8eb17xu.png

I designed the above splash screen, and am hoping to see it as the new splash screen for EA-Land. The development team have stated if a player creates a splash screen that both the players and dev team enjoy, they would in fact use it. I chose the "outer space" theme due to the fact that the players are all united, and our possibilities are limitless. When more games are added to EA-Land, the splash screen could look like THIS , which gives the impression the other games are orbiting around the main logo.

If you like this splash screen, post on this thread, tell a dev staff member, or even purchase a custom content sign at my store "Pixelation Nation" to show your support.

http://i11.***********/8azpp9j.png

How great would it be for US to choose the splash screen? Let's do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a suggestion please. Liven up the EA Land Logo. Make it jump out of the page like you do for the moon. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Everything looks awesome except the EA, the Land, and the ring around them look dull. Fix those and it would be awesome.

G

Best one I've seen so far.

I imagine the developers who worked out the TC3-test screen could take your splash screen and apply the new graphics to it to really make the logo come alive.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep!! You are great at that and I LOVE it!

Sure wish they'd grab it and use it.

G

This looks like something I would want to play. I think it would interest many people to check out the game if they saw this.

P

PB Three

It looks quite nice, but IMHO, it doesen't exactly fit the theme with it being in outer-space.

I'd vote for something of that quality, but more 'down to earth'. (Pun intended.)

My $0.02.

PB Three

L

Laverne

WOW! very nice! Excellent work &amp; far too good for EAland. I think something a bit more "cartoony" would be more appropiate.

Very nice though!

G

No, because it conveys a theme of space, which has nothing to do with tso/EAland.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, because it conveys a theme of space, which has nothing to do with tso/EAland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

L

Laverne

lilcutie, you made a very good point. Keep in mind TSO will die and be replaced by EALand. I excpect to see ads promoting Pogo and other EA productions.

BTW...your signature ROCKS!!!!! I hope people are paying attention.

G

Still, I don't think space has anything to do with what EALand is going to be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It looks quite nice, but IMHO, it doesen't exactly fit the theme with it being in outer-space.

I'd vote for something of that quality, but more 'down to earth'. (Pun intended.)

My $0.02.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, love it, but would rather have something that is directly related to the concept of EA-Land. Maybe something along the lines of the different continents being drawn together by the words EA Land, which would symbolize the merge as well as represent the idea that EA Land (and all online games in general, really) bring people together that wouldn't have the chance to be brought together in real life. Maybe in the future, as different aspects are added to EA Land, each continent could represent each game.

Just an idea. I have no graphic design ability whatsoever so if anybody wants to steal my idea, feel free!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My $0.02.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, love it, but would rather have something that is directly related to the concept of EA-Land. Maybe something along the lines of the different continents being drawn together by the words EA Land, which would symbolize the merge as well as represent the idea that EA Land (and all online games in general, really) bring people together that wouldn't have the chance to be brought together in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Great idea Sindran.

Polly

P

PB Three

I'm with you, there. I have no skill in PC artistry and have no motivation to try much. I just stick to modding text-files. (That's where the *real* change happens.)

PB Three

G

It is very nice.. but looks do not always equal function

I wholeheartedly agree with Strike.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

Still, I don't think space has anything to do with what EALand is going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the idea that EA-Land is the "main-hub" for several EA games (in the near future, at least). EA-Land is it's own main "world," and the other games would orbit EA-Land on the splash screen. I know it's easy for me to sound biased, but I honestly don't feel as if the splash screen looks like it's promoting a space game.

My goal is to have these added games orbiting around the EA-Land globe. When you click on a game logo, it would take you directly to that specific game, sort of like entering a new planet. I am going to email Margaret (our dev member in charge of logos, etc) with this idea. I think that a developer could add that extra touch with animations. In all reality, "EA-Land" is not strictly TSO; TSO is only a game that EAL supports, which is why I think the theme still applies. I'm extremely open to suggestions, though, and I'm enjoying hearing them.

G

I think it's slightly too cryptic and figurative.

But that's just my opinion.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Hey, we all have different tastes. Whatever tickles our pickle.

I

imported_debslee

Hey Phoenix, I love it - and I think you rock!

You have my YES vote!

I

imported_SimTripps

Yeah Phoenix - that totally rocks! Love it!

You a talented dood lol...