• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

would whammy work against Chief Paroxysmus

• Thread starter bob da builder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

bob da builder

i know he hits really hard but would it be possibe to take the damage .

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
conditions are:
You have to have more than 110 hit points
You have to have no less than 70 in your primary resists (physical and poison, I believe)
You have to have an alternative source of healing and mana for when you need to run away to heal.

Paroxy is slow, so is no trouble.

Putrefier, on the other hand, is a pain. Hits for more than 60 damage, even against 70's in physical and poison, and runs at paragon speed. So if you're hit twice in a row as a whammy, the fight is over.

So the peerless himself, yes. Keying, not easily.

I

InspectorGadget

What should be the weapon of choice for a sampire/wammy against paroxy??

Fast hittin mid damage or slow hit huge damage?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ideally, fast hit huge damage.

But mid damage with cold or fire damage is preferred (or energy damage, but that's hard to find outside of Tokuno artifacts, none of which have stamina leech, which is pretty important). So soul seeker is really a good choice if you have a swordsman.

I

InspectorGadget

So(bear in mind im human) i should use my soul seeker over mages rune blade so i dont have to waste mana on consecrate?

Thanks, i may have to give that a go soon.

C

Connor_Graham

If you've got high mana leech on the weapon mana will never be an issue against bosses. You'll hit hard enough to bring yourself back to full mana with nearly every hit.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hardest thing you will find out about chief is the fact you cant chain him all day =( run out of honor after a while and have to stop.

If you go in as a wraith the one thing I recommend is make sure you have refresh pots. He can every once and a while hit freaking hard and its much faster to set up a macro with uoa to drink a refresh pot then use divine furry and safer. I have a person in my guild that does chief in wraith he does it just fine and can solo Putrefier just fine as well.

But if this is going to be your first time doing chief I recommend running vamp ezer learning curve for him. And I like vamp over wraith any day. But I can only kill Putrefier about 80% of the time some times things miss up like how wounder full honor is stupedly broken and you dont get a msg of the targets standing one tile in the air you cant honor this target so I think I get honor and im sadly mistaken.

As far as weapons you realy can use any type of weapon no weapon is wrong its how you want to play. But heres my rule of thumb on weapons even if it has hml hsl ssi di if i cant use it to kill a para cu then you cant use it on a boss. Also other thing is if you cant kill a para balron you wont be able to kill putrefier so there also a good thing to practice on.

If your on cats and see me (sin) or most B^L members can give you some helpful info. But most wont talk about there temp with any one.

N

NickyDishes

i dont understand how u guys deal with the gas leakage that comes out his skin it insta kills me too much on my sampire so my character of choice to solo him with is a human abc archer and i throw up attunment and renewal when i can to help dealwith the teleportation and damage there after .I hardly ever die on my archer when i solo him ....yes he teleports but as i shoot i just make sure im in motion to run away from him . I just find that trying to melee him is a pain cause just when im rockin him good......boom!!!!! i could have full health and that gas leakage kills me like blood oath it seems. anybody else have that problem on their sampire? I leech great and do nice damage but how do i avoid that gas crap.... or how do i time it so i can step back away from him?

C

Connor_Graham

how do i avoid that gas crap.... or how do i time it so i can step back away from him?
You don't avoid it. Use Gtr Str pots and purple petals. When it goes off, then step back and hit a quick Confidence or Chiv heal. The key to surviving it is to have more hp's than it does in damage.

xantier

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have soloed all peerlesses except melisande and monstrous with my Wraith samurai before.
Just take wind's edge as weapon , mace and shield , essence of battle , conj trinket , bane legs , rune beetle, stormgrip or nobility, some resist things and a good dci hci di bracelet.

I have always played wraith samurai in my UO life. and i have always used wind's edge. Why ? You can hit in 1.25 seconds even you have 10 stamina. And that weapon has really maniac defensive abilites : Feint and Block.

OK. Lets kill parox : Become wraith , embrace honor and kill parox' helpers. Honor the parox , enemy of one , corpse skin is highly recommended , consecrus arma.
It would hit you like 50-60. Yay ! Wind's edge will work at this point. Activate Feint and hit him with feint per 6 seconds. Feint will divide your damages by 2. Parox hits you 30 now. You will hit like 70-80 with honor+consecrus + corpse skin. If it hits you , you will suck 30-40 hp with curse weapon. Parox is dead and crying as a noob !

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have soloed all peerlesses except melisande and monstrous with my Wraith samurai before.
Just take wind's edge as weapon , mace and shield , essence of battle , conj trinket , bane legs , rune beetle, stormgrip or nobility, some resist things and a good dci hci di bracelet.

I have always played wraith samurai in my UO life. and i have always used wind's edge. Why ? You can hit in 1.25 seconds even you have 10 stamina. And that weapon has really maniac defensive abilites : Feint and Block.

OK. Lets kill parox : Become wraith , embrace honor and kill parox' helpers. Honor the parox , enemy of one , corpse skin is highly recommended , consecrus arma.
It would hit you like 50-60. Yay ! Wind's edge will work at this point. Activate Feint and hit him with feint per 6 seconds. Feint will divide your damages by 2. Parox hits you 30 now. You will hit like 70-80 with honor+consecrus + corpse skin. If it hits you , you will suck 30-40 hp with curse weapon. Parox is dead and crying as a noob !
Why RBC instead of Heart of the Lion for better resists and more DCI?

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why RBC instead of Heart of the Lion for better resists and more DCI?
Most people prefer RBC if you can fit it into the suit because of the mana regen, lmc and mana increase.

Its far superior to the heart of the lion and its very easy to max out DCI on other parts.

Jewels/Fey Leggings are where most people will get their dci from..

That being said, the HotL is a nice peice for a budget Samurai suit.

B

bob da builder

awsome i did it! I had 148 hp with 150 str and 135 stamina and 62 mana.

i used an ornate axe with
ssi 25
hit lower attack 30
mana leach 44

when my stamina got low i switched wep to overseer sundered blade
chuged a refreshment pot and switched back

the nice thing about him is when things get harry like connor said you can step of of him.

Connor_Graham, You don't avoid it. Use Gtr Str pots and purple petals.
whats a purple petal?