• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would this Temp work for pvp?

• Thread starter SpaceYourFace
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SpaceYourFace

Im taking my old necro mage and adding wrestling to him.

Magery 95 (115 with crystilline ring)
Eval 115
Resist 115
Necro 105
SS 100
Med 70
Wrestling 120

I plan on running 12 or 14 mana regen. Im also considering changing him from an elf to a human for the 20 focus from JOAT.

C

Capt.E

Personally, I think resist should be 120 or none. Also, basically you are going to get 10-15 spells off, then your mana is gonna be gone. Which means more than likely you are dead. You need at least 80 med on that toon. I never drop below 100 on my mage templates, even with 15 mr and 40 lmc. Also, anat+eval=220 will basically do the same thing defensively as 120 wrestle. this saves 20 points on crowded templates that are for dexxerdominant shards.

T

taglol

I'm not sure if the same things as wrestle, but I have (or going for, soon there)

120 Magery
120 SS
120 Resist
120 Eval
115 Med
105 Necro

(120 Med 120 Necro pref, but my account isn't old enough.)

Then I run a -20 Mage Weapon, a ring with +15 magery, +5 magery from talisman. With Orny, Fey Leggings, Folded Steel Glasses, AoF, Garb and Quiver I will end up with 70 DCI, 100 LRC, 38(gah) LMC.

G

Gellor

eval+anat=200 approximates 120 wrestling. It is the equivalent of 120 wrestling for determining if you are hit.

It does nothing for determining if you land a hit and it does not allow you special moves:thumbsup:

With that said, I recently removed wrestling off my mage and replaced it with anat. I had problems timing disarm:mad: But I do say disarming was pretty funny:p

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would recommend dropping wrestle and picking up 105 anat. Take resist to 120, otherwise you are going to get sleep and para spammed once they know you can be parad.

Whatever is left should go to med, which should put you at 80.

S

SpaceYourFace

So theres that big of a difference between 115 and 120 resist that ill get para'd all the time? And im curious as to how hard it would be to gm anatomy without having to take it off my dexer and rework the skill on him again? I did look up the passive mana regen on the chart and the difference between 70 and 80 med is .07 mana per second. I had only planned to use this guy for field fighting in factons and a champ spawn every now and then. I usually find myself mostly being a healer because everyone else seems to be dexers for the most part. I guess if it dont work very well the only that that will suck is working my mager back up from 95 to 120.

N

NickyDishes

if your gonna be just healing and supporting other people do what lynk said but i would recomend adding parry......u will be para spammed at 115 and die and not like it.....at 120 the only way to be para'd is if someone casts evil omen on u first.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was playing my secondary mage with 115 resist last night because I can't find a 20 scroll on chessy. I had 4 mages alternate paras on me and I couldn't box it fast enough. That coupled with the archer AI spamming me was not fun. You can live for a little while but eventually they will get you.