• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would this make a decent ABC Archer Bow

Antony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either a Crossbow or a Heavy Crossbow with the following:

Damage Increase 50%
Swing Speed Increase 30%
Hit Mana Leech 50%
Hit Stamina Leech 44%
Slayer ... any type you need (or HLD if there wasn't a slayer that would work)

Any changes that would make it better? Should it be HML 44% and HSL 50% ... or maybe have them both at say 46-48%?

Thanks .... Antony

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
C

Connor_Graham

Those would be perfect, even without the slayer. Enhance to 40 SSI and you've got a keeper.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Out of curiosity, why do you all recommend crossbows and heavy crossbows for PvM using an ABC Archer? I usually use composite bows and never thought about using a crossbow.

-OBSIDIAN-

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Out of curiosity, why do you all recommend crossbows and heavy crossbows for PvM using an ABC Archer? I usually use composite bows and never thought about using a crossbow.

-OBSIDIAN-
Crossbows are a little slower but they hit for more damage this is important against things that can switch targets like the crimson dragon for example !
if you hit it with a short bow you may have to hit 20 times to kill something but the same critter with xbow may take 15 hits and thats 5 less times to switch opponents for the crimson..
I carry both and prefer bows to crossbows normally !
also I like the specials better on bows
there are other reasons but for me these are the main ones...:stir:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm partial to magic shortbows (see my sig), as I champ a lot and use the lightning arrow special. Also, my suit only has 150 stamina, which makes heavy x-bows less usable.

Still, if the OP can enhance the bow to 40 ssi, it strikes me as a pretty sweet ABC PvM bow. High power, good mods.

C

Connor_Graham

-OBSIDIAN-
Simply, the big hits. Big hits mean big mana leeched. Most of my arsenal is either a crossbow or heavy crossbow. I have other types for specific uses, but for peerless and Doom, the heavy hitters are the ones to have.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks guys! I guess it is time to go shopping again and see what I can find. Until now, I had completely disregarded any bow other than a composite bow and, for specific purposes, a shortbow (like Syrus). Oh, that and find a bolt vendor. :)

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving a day early!

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

If you were on Pacific I'd be able to help out in both cases.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks, Connor, but I'm going to head back to my Pac sampire first. I am still very appreciative of the sampire weapon you long-term loaned me.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

Anytime. I'm always glad to help out. Whenever the time comes I'll probably still have the heavy xbow anyway. I don't use it, but it's so damn nice I can't bring myself to sell it either lol.