• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Would this be effective?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I'm toying with the idea of creating a disco warrior (pun intended) named Tony Manero. :D

I came up with the following template and was wondering if it would be viable. Basically I'm just looking for a decent PvM character that's a little different flavor that I'm used to. I'm not looking to solo a spawn or aiming to tank some SA boss with little/no help.

110 Music
110 Discord
110 Fencing
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry

Gives me a total of 720 skill points.
The chivalry is just for ease of travel, as well as the extra damage bonus from EoO and CW.

Has anyone played a template like this and could give me an idea of how well it works? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have the same but with archery so i can dance around and shoot.

only thing id say is maybe make a nice ring and watch with 10 more music and disco.

you'll find life a lot easier with those 120'd

short of that, i really like the template.
i can do kill mid level stuff solo and i can go out with the guild and cross heal and disco the mobs and do damage.

im assuming your suit will be top shelf?
70's accross the board with maxed out HCI/DCI and DI

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im assuming your suit will be top shelf?
70's accross the board with maxed out HCI/DCI and DI
Yeah, I just was wondering how well it works before I invest the time and gold into making the character.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have it with the healing and anat on atl and i like it
good for team work with the healing.

but in my later versions i went with bushido and med instead.
i was able to spam out more specials and also use the bushido to heal and lightning strike.

im drifting more towards the bushido/med instead of the heal/anat now a days.
i think i have this template 4 or 5 shards now, and only the first one has the heal/anat all the others ive gone with the bushido/med combo.

something to think about.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I'm toying with the idea of creating a disco warrior (pun intended) named Tony Manero. :D

I came up with the following template and was wondering if it would be viable. Basically I'm just looking for a decent PvM character that's a little different flavor that I'm used to. I'm not looking to solo a spawn or aiming to tank some SA boss with little/no help.

110 Music
110 Discord
110 Fencing
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry

Gives me a total of 720 skill points.
The chivalry is just for ease of travel, as well as the extra damage bonus from EoO and CW.

Has anyone played a template like this and could give me an idea of how well it works? Strengths? Weaknesses?
If you want boring but effective go bushi - not as team focused i guess but more damage, quick heals and luck too!
You'll also get a lesser Hiryu if that floats your boat - despite their limited use!

You could possibbly (if you fancy a varied silly paystyle) even get med/mage - this is what i used to run while training my first bard archer, was really fun having EVs, greater heals, gating etc etc good for team play too, varied, and works really well with disco, having a demon or 2 EVs on your side... good at teamplay at champs, peerless doing damage, healing, curing, disco, all from ranger.

The only thing i was confused about, why have close range team healing on a ranged charecter?

Heal + Anat can only heal people - lets be honest the damage increase from anat is kinda pony :p

Mage + med can heal Pets too....and do all sorts of other things which more than make up for the loss in anat? :) :)

OR!

If you want to keep all that focused archer damage potential, push chiv up some for Holy Light Spam too add a bit of spawn (ankle biter) protection?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bad creative template.

It should work great in a group of *melee* warriors against big bosses.

Without parrying, you should let others to be the tank.
With discordance, you do more damage.
With healing, you are able to x-heal each other.

x