• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would someone please clarify the rules of duels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trinsauce

Forgive me if my memory escapes me seeing as how I haven't dueled since AOS came out but don't the rules go a little something like this:

Pure Mage (Magery, Eval, Med, Resist, Scribe)
No Protection
No Pots
No Wraith Form or any other form.

Are those rules so hard to follow when dueling???

I've got some questions and an answer to those questions as well...

Who casts protection in a duel? Who goes into wraith form? Who makes excuses as to why Turbo Timmy waxxed him in a duel 3 times with FS kills? Asha Suckinora or whatever his name is...

Ya he said he only dueled Timmy once then went to bed and his brother took over on the other duels that he lost... Yet nothing changed except the fact that he wasn't allowed to use necro on these duels...

I know DC and Kyrite know the rules of dueling in FL would u please do us all a favor and teach ur underclassmen how to do so???

Last but not least... The art of dueling has seriously lost it's luster to me especially after the past 2 days... It's pretty sad when FL's self proclaimed "best dexxer in the game" That Sick Macer challenges Andy to a duel where the stipulations read like this: If Andy beats him once he will give Andy his godly Diamond Mace. If Andy loses he gives the macer guy a pair of vine cord sandals. Needless to say Andy seriously spanked him in 5 seconds... I guess the guy doesn't look at suits before he runs off at the mouth (Reflect Physical + killer war axe=fast death)... BLACKWOLFF was a witness to this fight... And of course u all know that That Sick Macer never paid up...

It's stuff like this that sours me on dueling anymore... I was even thinking bout getting back into it again but the past week or so of watching them doesn't make me itch to get back into the swing of things...

G

Yes those are the correct rules, although some people include wrestling into that mix.

And "That Sick Macer," is not FL's best dexxer IMO, that REALLY FAST pot chugging dp spamming Valandil is.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

duels are stoopid

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why does a lot of FL's mages spam "duel me?" everytime they die???

And ur absolutely right... Dueling is rediculous these days... It use to be worth something but not anymore...

A

Avril/McNasty

Asha did the same thing to me on pacific. Although even with his protection necro bs he still lost to my 580 skill point scribe mage lol. He owes me a crimson still for losing 5-0. Actually cypher also owes me gold for losing on his protection necro lol.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

Asha did the same thing to me on pacific. Although even with his protection necro bs he still lost to my 580 skill point scribe mage lol. He owes me a crimson still for losing 5-0. Actually cypher also owes me gold for losing on his protection necro lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda lame... People run off at the mouth puff their chests up in a video game and challenge people for pixels then turn around and not pay up... It's a game the gold/crimson's can be replaced... Pride cannot... I wouldn't be able to stand myself if I couldn't live up to my word even in a video game...

H

Horizon

Um yeah. I never thought much of duels. Its all about how fast can your macro run. But then I always sucked at duels, so I guess I am a little biased if not jealous of good duelists.

As far as I am concerned, its a fight. No rules to fights.

O

OptPrime

Since most people dont play on scribe wrestle mages anymore, usually duel rules are specified pre-duel.

G

If you duel someone for money, you should not expect to collect unless using a trustworthy broker such as Leo.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Forgive me if my memory escapes me seeing as how I haven't dueled since AOS came out but don't the rules go a little something like this:

No Protection
No Pots

Who casts protection in a duel? Who goes into wraith form? Who makes excuses as to why Turbo Timmy waxxed him in a duel 3 times with FS kills? Asha Suckinora or whatever his name is...

Ya he said he only dueled Timmy once then went to bed and his brother took over on the other duels that he lost... Yet nothing changed except the fact that he wasn't allowed to use necro on these duels...

I know DC and Kyrite know the rules of dueling in FL would u please do us all a favor and teach ur underclassmen how to do so???

Last but not least... The art of dueling has seriously lost it's luster to me especially after the past 2 days... It's pretty sad when FL's self proclaimed "best dexxer in the game" That Sick Macer challenges Andy to a duel where the stipulations read like this: If Andy beats him once he will give Andy his godly Diamond Mace. If Andy loses he gives the macer guy a pair of vine cord sandals. Needless to say Andy seriously spanked him in 5 seconds... I guess the guy doesn't look at suits before he runs off at the mouth (Reflect Physical + killer war axe=fast death)... BLACKWOLFF was a witness to this fight... And of course u all know that That Sick Macer never paid up...

It's stuff like this that sours me on dueling anymore... I was even thinking bout getting back into it again but the past week or so of watching them doesn't make me itch to get back into the swing of things...

[/ QUOTE ]

A pure mage duel is completely different from a duel..

Your not going to find many people left in ultima online on the west coast that will acutely know what a duel is, But to be honest Pacific duelist have always been abnormal when it comes to pure mage rule set. We never really been to cooperative on the whole None special moves thing.. I know some of us here who have traveled to other shards are able to dual specs and no specs but if your challenging a pacific guy to a fight you better state the rule set, Cause pacific is a cross between Asian rule set and American rule set.

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No Protection
No Pots

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not going to find many people left in ultima online on the west coast that will acutely know what a duel is, But to be honest Pacific duelist have always been abnormal when it comes to pure mage rule set. We never really been to cooperative on the whole None special moves thing.. I know some of us here who have traveled to other shards are able to dual specs and no specs but if your challenging a pacific guy to a fight you better state the rule set, Cause pacific is a cross between Asian rule set and American rule set.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way i see it, if you're coming to our shard from yours in search of fights, you need to learn OUR rule set.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

Since most people dont play on scribe wrestle mages anymore, usually duel rules are specified pre-duel.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing about this whole thing is he spammed who wants to duel???

We got into a debate over whether he was going to duel with necro or not and he said u state the rules all shards are different... Sonoma has ALWAYS been pure mage...

So after that is all taken care of we go to Jhelom farms and that's where the funny [censored] happened... He totally went against the ruleset...

So u can see where my "frustration" if u can call it that comes in with dueling... It's no longer what it use to be...

A

Avril/McNasty

well ill duel someone for gold PURE MAGE! or necro lamesauce stuff. either or.

G

I dunno but I dueled the macer guy with Rei and he's pretty good. noone won. we called it a draw. would have been there all night but we did the honorable thing u dont see anymore. We bowed after the duel and said ''good fight'' . He doesnt seem like a bad person. Never hear any crap talk from him like most. I know the old andy like 4 yrs ago andy. he may not remeber me but I've heard stories about his template hehe. Keep it real andy. and noone ever pays up on odds like that. That's why i never duel for prizes although i have asked ppl. If we could make a shard pre AoS, then i'm all in.

G

Do you know how many duels for money I have been stiffed on?

I duel this guy name AMfekk from TBA for 10 million and i beat his ass 3 times in a row and he never paid up.

A

Avril/McNasty

<blockquote><hr>

Do you know how many duels for money I have been stiffed on?

I duel this guy name AMfekk from TBA for 10 million and i beat his ass 3 times in a row and he never paid up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you get stiffed doesn't mean you should stiff.

R

RoBaTrAsH

[/ QUOTE ]The way i see it, if you're coming to our shard from yours in search of fights, you need to learn OUR rule set.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you may or may not know this shard is being taken over by the Empire. We shall be setting the rules from now on. Any issues xfer off.
Have A Nice Day

RoBaTrAsH

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The way i see it, if you're coming to our shard from yours in search of fights, you need to learn OUR rule set.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you may or may not know this shard is being taken over by the Empire. We shall be setting the rules from now on. Any issues xfer off.
Have A Nice Day

RoBaTrAsH

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but it doesn't work like that... and please deflate the ego... It's really quite sad honestly...

G

Please keep the posts on topic.

No more trolling.

I don't want to lock another thread.

Thanx,
Q

A

Abaddon (Deth)

Truthfully, unless you get very specific, people will argue against every thing you say. For example, if you say mage duel, well, does that mean any mage, or only using mage skills? Can you use protection or not? What about pots? To clarify it you say (before hand) "No weapons, no pots, no protect, no summons, no necro."

If you state them out front before hand, and they agree, then the confusion is gone. Had this same prob on Arirang, and the excuses would fly when someone lost saying "You didnt say that first!" (I dont mean you are making excuses, was just a general term)

As far as I am concerned, it should follow the old rules of dueling. Someone makes a challange, the person accepting the challange gets to declare the rules, or at least propose them first. Of course there are morons everywhere that say "I will duel any template" and then back out when they find out a tamer is accepting their challange.

State the rules up front, and stick to them. Have a witness and make sure the rules are spoken in game before hand in front of the witness. If that is done, then someone else can back you up in the ensuing "he said she said" crap that always follows someone getting their backside handed to them.

That having been said, I dont duel

Pika
Dyv
Elms Beer-Bellied, Bald-Headed, Butt-Scratchin' Old Man

S

Sin-Vigor

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Protection
No Pots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way i see it, if you're coming to our shard from yours in search of fights, you need to learn OUR rule set

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: It's FL's shard now :&gt;

Status
Not open for further replies.