• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Would it be possible?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As there is no CC forum I guess I can ask this here as it could apply to both.

I have seen in some games I previously played where there is an option in the client to enable a window which displays real time performance and connection info for the server you are currently connected to.

for example:

Latency to [server name]: xxx.x
Packet Loss: xx%

and then maybe even some other relevant info. I played SWG for many years and it would also display current realtime FPS. This would be quite handy to have when troubleshooting problems. Just a thought.

Thanks for your time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As there is no CC forum I guess I can ask this here as it could apply to both.

I have seen in some games I previously played where there is an option in the client to enable a window which displays real time performance and connection info for the server you are currently connected to.

for example:

Latency to [server name]: xxx.x
Packet Loss: xx%

and then maybe even some other relevant info. I played SWG for many years and it would also display current realtime FPS. This would be quite handy to have when troubleshooting problems. Just a thought.

Thanks for your time.
it's already there, check the green bar near your status :p

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume this is for the EC? Possibility for the CC? Like I stated above, there is no CC forum so I don't know where to ask the question.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume this is for the EC? Possibility for the CC? Like I stated above, there is no CC forum so I don't know where to ask the question.
IMHO when the devs adds the option to use CC models on EC, CC can go to hell once and for all :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm, that green bar is either missing a decimal point, or is completely fubar.

Mine consistently reports ridiculously high pings (ones that would cause me to be a statue) and packet loss that would have disconnected me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm, that green bar is either missing a decimal point, or is completely fubar.

Mine consistently reports ridiculously high pings (ones that would cause me to be a statue) and packet loss that would have disconnected me.
that's the same data you see on the login screen, and I think is a simple ping run every now and then... so if it's that wrong is just because what you see has been taken in a bad moment :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's the same data you see on the login screen, and I think is a simple ping run every now and then... so if it's that wrong is just because what you see has been taken in a bad moment :D
I've checked it multiple times. It seems just to count up, not be giving any kind of accurate client/server connection data.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked it multiple times. It seems just to count up, not be giving any kind of accurate client/server connection data.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home.
I can't really tell how it works, because that function is inside the client, maybe Bleak can check it out when he has a moment (more "if" than "when" :lol: )

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

In no way is this information representative of reality:

I consistently get ridiculous numbers like this, and I can assure you, I'm not RPing a spill of molasses :p