• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Would anyone be intrestedin a weekly football pool?

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was thinking about doing this last year but never got around to it..
If I was to hold a in game football pool would anyone on the shard be interested in doing it?
I think it would be a fun little thing to add to your weekly routine..
Plus gives you the chance of winning some extra gold...

I would have a book locked down at my Luna house with a list of every game for that week for all to see the match ups...

Entry fee will be 1 million gold with all proceeds going to the winner.
If some how there is a tie, the pot of gold will be split amongst the winners.
1 entry per person.
A valid ICQ# or Stratics name is required to play..
This will be used to contact winners and to validate that it is 1 entry per person...
All entry's must be entered by Friday night at midnight.. No entry's will be accepted on Saturday or Sunday..

Simple rules::
Take a book, write down each team that you believe will win each game along with your ICQ or Stratics name. (Point spreads will not be used)
Also in the book include what you think the total combined score for the Monday night game will be..
**Example if you think the game will end with a score of 20 to 10. You would write down 30 for you score..**
The total score will be the tie breaker incase there is any tie. The closest to the actual score wins the tiebreaker..

** All entry books must use a Red Leaf on it to prevent any changes being made to the entry**
* If you do not have any Red Leaves I can provide one for you*

Place your book in a bag with a check for 1 million gold.
I will have a mailbox inside my Luna House for all entry's to be placed in.
You can also contact me in game and hand it over if I am on..

***Also note I have the right to play since I will not be taking a cut of the proceeds***
** My entry for the week will be locked down at my Luna House by the end of Tuesday every week.**.
**The book will be locked down for all to see so everyone know that I am not cheating..**
* Please make a copy of my book if need be*
* If preferred I could also make a post in the forums with my picks*

Football pools are all about luck and not necessarily your knowledge about the game. If you don't watch football please don't be discouraged to play.. When it comes down to it its all just a guessing game...

If you would be interested in this let me know. If there is enough people ill start it up..
Any questions or if you have any ideas for it please let me know..

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did this a few years ago but with a slight twist....we ran the league on a web site that does foot ball.... The wonderful moderator at the time gave us an off topic thread to talk trash in.....it was a blast. Count me in....no mater how you run it