• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would a DEV pls explain exactly HOW Antique works?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that I lost durability when I'm not even taking damage.. and it seems to be in increments of 4. I can simply spam weaken on my war horse and lose 4 durability off a ring in less than 1 minute. I'm not positive there isn't some TIMER involved in the system though.. so it would be much easier if we were told how it functions instead of having to guess...

@Kyronix @Bleak

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was like ephemeral 1 durability per 6 minutes of combat..but then I heard it may of been switched due to complaints it'll last too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sounds like a ephemeral, with an increased durability/timer, but they're repairable now, since max durability isn't decreased with the current.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Sounds like" & " I thought".... is what I took out of your 2 posts. Sure I can go read up on how ephemeral works and probably have a better idea of where to start testing to figure out exactly how stuff works, but It just bugs me that we don't know for SURE. Antique is a Weird version of what we've grown used to in terms of durability so lets just make it easier for the players and tell us HOW it functions. I have boxes of Major & quite a few LEGENDARY jewel pieces and most are Antique. I wanna know if I can even build such into a suit and have a resonable lifespawn.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is Ephemeral, basically. After every few minutes of fighting (if you don't take any damage), it loses 4 durability at a time - I was working my thrower on Arctic Ogre Lords, not taking any damage, and the ring I was wearing would lose 4 durability every so often. If you take any damage, it will also lose durability, in addition to its property-based durability loss (not sure about this part, but they have lost durability even faster when I'm actually taking damage, so interpret that info how you will.)

However, if you don't let their durability get too low, they can basically stay at 255/255 durability. If you have a tinker (or an endless supply of repair deeds), use them often.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
An explanation of Brittle is also in order.

I think many players are walking around thinking Brittle is garbage and that antique>brittle. I'm not sure why they carried over the name brittle (which had gained notoriety as being absolute junk) into Publish 86.

Brittle should have been renamed "resilient" because it's exactly like imbued. It can be repaired over and over, the only negative is that you can't apply Powder of Fortification.

Antique certainly has some value as long as it doesn't cost too much. Just don't pay an arm and a leg for it.

There is absolutely no reason to throw away good Antique pieces. I'm not not advocating building a suit around an Antique piece, however you most certainly can get some life out of a Antique if you keep an eye on it and repair it.

It be nice if there was an item that which would allow us to transform cursed or Antique into brittle. Something scenario perhaps were you have to collect ingredients (From all the peerless) and then run through a series of quests and then pay a HUGE sum of gold. Something that would be once per character and difficult complete so that it couldn't be scripted.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had an Orb go from 74 to 69 in one repair. And they are taking constant damage compared to the rest of my armor. So Brittle is different now too.
Odd I can't find ANY mention of this in Publish or Patch notes.
It's not that I can't accommodate the change easily in what I keep verses sell, but it would of been nice to be fore warned.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
At this point a substantial portion of the playerbase is simply conditioned to regard anything with any of these durability-compromising sucker mods as garbage. The average slob who doesn't even read the forum probably doesn't know the exact differences between brittle/unrepairable/ephemeral/moonbound/antique/whatever, they just know they don't want them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An explanation of Brittle is also in order.

I think many players are walking around thinking Brittle is garbage and that antique>brittle. I'm not sure why they carried over the name brittle (which had gained notoriety as being absolute junk) into Publish 86.

Brittle should have been renamed "resilient" because it's exactly like imbued. It can be repaired over and over, the only negative is that you can't apply Powder of Fortification.

Antique certainly has some value as long as it doesn't cost too much. Just don't pay an arm and a leg for it.

There is absolutely no reason to throw away good Antique pieces. I'm not not advocating building a suit around an Antique piece, however you most certainly can get some life out of a Antique if you keep an eye on it and repair it.

It be nice if there was an item that which would allow us to transform cursed or Antique into brittle. Something scenario perhaps were you have to collect ingredients (From all the peerless) and then run through a series of quests and then pay a HUGE sum of gold. Something that would be once per character and difficult complete so that it couldn't be scripted.
Honestly brittle hardly seems like a negative at all. Everything I use is imbued and usually unpowdered and it lasts for eons. So brittle could potentially be a boon rater than a curse what with the 225 durability. Just have to get used to brittle not being an item killer anymore. :p