• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WotLK: Drum Change Incoming

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing with the Death Knight a bit I decided to start up my rogue and check out the new content for leveling and decided to test the rumor that a drum 'nerf' (or fix if you want to use that terminology) is live on the WotLK Beta. As a raiding rogue that uses Leathworking as a way to have group buffs this is a sad thing to discover. The debuff is called Tinnitus (which can be seen below) and doesn't allow you to get a drum buff for two minutes (drum buffs last 30 seconds). This was in response to a lot of guilds encouraging their members to pickup Leatherworking to be able to use Drums of Battle (a haste buff for melee attack and casting speed). Since you could have this up constantly with four members of each party casting it one after another this was a great help to many guilds in conquering Sunwell.
As much as I don't like it, it is a needed change to address the issue that guilds felt the need to require guild members to have Leatherworking.
Here is the screen shot of the debuff and the description:

More...