• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WotLK Cinematic revealed this weekend

E

Eldorian

They're going to show the cinematic this weekend at Leipzig in Germany.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed because I really wanted to see it revealed at Blizzcon. What do you think this says about when the expansion will be released?

L

Lag

Sooner rather than later.

Some opinions of mine? (THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS)

WOTLK talents released ingame around Sept. 18 due to Warhammer releasing
WOTLK Released before Xmas (announced it will be in either Oct, Nov, or Dec), hopefully around November (seeing the release of the original WoW was in nov, if I remember correctly)

S

Saberoy

I can't wait to see it. Blizzard's cinematics never seem to disappoint and I don't think they plan to change it for Wrath.

Oh, yeah:

Lag is right about the talents, but I expect them around late September-early October. The game itself I expect to be out around Late October- Early/Mid November.

N

Nyaz

Really?!
Aaaaweeesoooome!

Blizzards cinematics are always extremely beautiful, and awesome. Although they have of recent mostly been trailers for upcoming games, as opposed to what they were back in the days of Warcraft (RTS) and Starcraft. Back then they really enhanced the storyline and was kind of a reward that you had completed this or that campaign.

I want a cinematic with more story...

X

xdarthduckiex

Hmm, that really makes me think that we could see the game release around October/November, which would be sooner then the bc expansion release in January. ( I didn't actually start playing until Feb, but I heard it was released in Jan..Right? )

I'm excited, I have grown to love their cinematics, and I'm expecting this one to be really good. :thumbup::cheerleader:

S

Ssonic19

I saw someone do a comparison between the BC beta and the WotLK beta in terms of time passed between events (announcement, closed alpha, end of alpha, start of beta, etc) and concluded that WotLK will likely come out in November.

N

Nyaz

So that means, if I get my WWI card end of this week / sometime next week, that gives me... hmm... about 3 months of free play in WoTLK.
Sweet! ^_^

F

Fojos

Dont be so ignorant. They've had one in every cinematic, they just are so short the camera doesn't capture them :loser:
Guess that's true. :p How do you explain trolls though? ;)

J

Joshmaul

I heard something - an interview with the developers or some such, I forget at the moment - that said it would be released on "the 5th". I'm thinking November 5th, because the 3rd or 4th is around the period that GameStop and some other stores say the preorders are shipping.

E

Eldorian

I heard something - an interview with the developers or some such, I forget at the moment - that said it would be released on "the 5th". I'm thinking November 5th, because the 3rd or 4th is around the period that GameStop and some other stores say the preorders are shipping.
The quote was when being asked when it would be released the answer was:

"When it's ready. More specifically, the 5th of when it's ready"

E

Eldorian

Pretty sweet cinematic. Not quite what I was expecting though.

S

Ssonic19

It felt shorter than the other ones.

The frost wyrm was just far too cool, though.

T

The Barista

Honestly, and this is my opinion, it was a bit underwhelming. It gave me goosebumps, but I was really underwhelmed.

I'm a diehard blizzard fanboy, but the WAR cinematic kicked its ass (IMO).

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/WAR_cinematic_08.html
I thought it was "underwhelming" too, the first two (vanilla and bc) gave me goosebumps and really made me want to play, this one was kinda "meh" ... the dragon *was* cool tho.

(and thanks for the warhammer link, I had not seen that trailer yet!)

L

Lord Abernathy

yeah, I have to agree that the Warhammer trailer is way better, I'll prob play both, hehe.

D

Devilengine

I liked the WotLK trailer as I'm a huge lore fan but I agree it was underwhelming. I suspect we haven't seen everything yet. I loved that Warhammer trailer, but I just don't think the game will blow the MMORPG world away. Now if it were based on 40K, I'd leave WoW in a heartbeat, but I'm not a real fan of the game.

N

Nyaz

Now, the Warhammer trailer looked, to me, as pretty much exactly the same thing that the previous two WoW trailers were - hey, look at us. We beat things up. Why? Because we can. Daaa-daa-da-daa...

I'm not saying it was bad though, but not very story-esque.