• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worth coming back?

• Thread starter Angel Dust GOF
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Angel Dust GOF

Hello to my old LA friends! I have to admit this new pirate thing caught my interest and had me thinking of the fun I had in UO. So is it worth coming back or is it better to just keep the memories.

For those who might remember, I was Angel Dust aka Fran Fury from Gentlemen of Fortune (GOF). We brought you all those cool boat races that always ended in death. :blushing:

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Hi ya Angel Dust,
We hope you do decide to come back..We go out almost everyday pirate hunting...Is alot of fun and sure would enjoy being in one of your boat races....
There has been alot of changes and speaking for myself never enough time to get around doing it all...
Hope to see you in the game :)

A

Angel Dust GOF

Thank you :) There does seem to be a ton of changes. Wonder if I even remember how to play. lol
I seem to have this fear of reopening my account, logging in and finding out I forgot to move myself out of fel (where the house was). Logging in all weighed down with stuff to find myslef in the middle of a new house during a large guild meeting...
Would probably be on whichever char had the GOF ship collection too. That would not be good.

So what all has changed? What's the best parts now?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lots of new ship content, if you get the high seas expansion (including 3 new ship types that make your collection look like rowboats), with cannon optional.

Pirates to hunt, as well as things that man was not meant to know, dwelling at the bottom of the sea in sunken R'yleh (well, that's what Scalis LOOKS like, and kicks out butts like, even if he isn't TECHNICALLY Cthulhu).

Fishing's been changed a bit, and a fun time-killer; though. the bugs are still being worked out (someone goofed on the point progression of the quests for PS over 105, and crabbing is a pain in the arse)